How to make Onsong send song select to BB??

Sorry, but that’s not correct, the command needs a colon after the MIDI, and also MIDI: 0.0:0 will open the first song in the first folder.
The attached screenshot of Onsong shows the name of the song on the first line and the midi command on the next… It is important that the midi data is at the top of the page with no blank lines above… The command tells BB to open the 9th folder and go to the first song, the CC commands tell BB the tempo.
I use iPad to Puc+ to BB - don’t know much about the irig pedal, but try disconnecting it from the system and use the iPad to swipe between songs.
For what it’s worth, I have built my own Airturn style Bluetooth pedal board using a $20 Adafruit chip and 4 momentary switches… Much cheaper and works well…

Further to above, I have discovered a much easier way to start and stop the beatbuddy from within OnSong… You can assign one pedal to send a MIDI START/STOP command when you press it… See below for screenshot of setup. I now don’t need to touch the BB to start a song, and don’t have to do the double tap to stop it… Much easier for me…
D

Bonsoir,
C’est très difficile pour moi qui ne parle pas anglais de comprendre tout ce qu’il faut faire…les lignes de commande midi…où les mettre dans mes chansons sur OnSong pour lancer ma BB etc…
J’essaie de tout traduire avec mon traducteur sur mon iPad mais c’est difficile.
Quand existera t’ils un document traduit en plusieurs langues, à télécharger, pour nous les étrangers ?
Je ne dois pas être le seul français dans ce cas.
Merci d’avance

It is very difficult for me who does not speak English to understand everything what to do… noon… order lines where to put my songs on OnSong to launch my BB etc…
I try to translate everything with my translator on my iPad, but it’s hard.
When there will be you they a document translated into several languages, to download for us foreigners?
I can’t be the only french in this case.
Thanks in advance

Did you get the MIDI figured out?
If not, I can give you step by step instructions on how to put in the midi commands.
It is really very easy with OnSong.

Thank you for making the effort to translate your post. I know how difficult it is to ask for help in a language other than your mother tongue. I have recommended that the BeatBuddy folks translate their user guide into other languages with French being one of the priorities. They have acknowledged but have said nothing more. It also sounds like OnSong should do the same (if they haven’t already).

I finally have OnSong sending the right MIDI commands to BB to select a folder/song. Hallelujah!
Helpful tips:

1. NO blank lines before your midi command line.
  2. Midi command on the line by itself - and no spaces afterward.
  3. Midi syntax that works for me: MIDI: 0.0:0
    Specifically: “MIDI”, followed by a COLON (not a semi-colon), then a space, then a 0 (no idea if/what any other value would do here), followed by a period (no space before or after), followed by the folder number (actually 1 less than the folder#), followed by a colon (again no spaces before/after), followed by the song number (1 less than the song# actually).
  4. You can extend the command to set the temp by adding a comma after the song, then a space, then CC106:0 then a comma and a space, then CC107:tempo
    where “tempo” is a number from 0-127. For tempo’s greater than 127, you change the CC106 command to: CC106:1 (that adds 128), and the CC107 command adds that number (confusing, I know). Ex: Beat of 158 would be CC106:1, CC107:30
    (because with CC106:1 that gets you the 1st 128, then it adds the CC107 value of 30. 128+30=158).

Here’s an example of selecting a song from the FOURTH folder (Country - which is actually number 3 in the command), SIXTH beat (which would be #5 in the command (Country 6- str 8). The temp is 123bpm
This example is from the song “17” by Cross Canadian Ragweed. Here’s exactly what the first few lines look like in the OnSong editor (Note: There would NOT be any blank lines before the {t:17} in the editor.). Here goes:

{t:17}
{st:Cross Canadian Ragweed}
MIDI: 0.3:5, CC106:0, CC107:123

[G]Sirens wale and a flashing light[G]
Nothin’ better to do on a Tuesday [C]night

Now, one thing left for me to crack and then I’ll be set. How to select different “drum sets” via a MIDI command? Is that possible?

Yes its possible I do it but I am not familiar with Onsong unfortunately

see post #4
http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/has-anyone-changed-drum-kits-using-midi.5945/#post-23988

Sweet Baby Jesus this is it!!
I added. CC116:x
And Voila! Success!
Thank you so very much Persist!

Hi,

I know this thread is months old but I have just managed to changed drum kits in Onsong with the following command.

MIDI:CC116:1

CC116(drumfolder):1(kit number)

The 116 is the command for drum kits. Followed by the number of the kit you want to use. For some reason the number does not start at 0 for the first kit. On my BB No.1 means No.1.

Awesome

Rodders :):):slight_smile:

Thank you, Dave, Bob et al. These posts sum up pretty much everything I need to make my OnSong select a song and tempo, and even a drum kit for my setlists with MIDI commands to the BB. A few example screen shots, with a description of what they do, and succinct instructions really do it. Maybe its all in the manuals, but it seemed Greek to me.

Go my BB MIDI cable last week, and my MIDI iPad interface is supposed to arrive this week, so I can test it all out :slight_smile:

Here’s a little tutorial that I already shared in another thread too. Probably not answering all questions here, though.

It’s amazing, but I learned more here than I did on the videos. Thanks for taking the time to " slow it down" a little.

^
Is there something you’re asking for beyond quoting a reply?

Yes,you mentioned you have an easy explanation on getting onsong to control the beatbuddy tempo and bring up the beat,I watched the tutorial and am still not clear,if you have a better explanation I would love to hear your explanation in simple terms .Dino

I assume you have your Beat Buddy and Onsong connected via a midi connection, and that, in general the Beat Buddy can receive commands from Onsong. That being the case, these would be the steps to get Bobby McGee to be your first song, with a Blues Beat.

1. From Beat Buddy manager, find your Bobby McGee song. Enter your desired Blues Drum kit as the default drum kit for the song, by selecting the drum kit from the song’s drum kits drop down:

[ATTACH=full]9440[/ATTACH]

1. Save your Project.
  2. Create a new folder at the top of your folders list, call it Setlist, or whatever you want for this purpose.
  3. Drag your Bobby McGee song into this setlist. Note that this will remove it from its original location. If you want to keep it in its current location, too, then Export the song to your desktop. After exporting to the desktop, import it into your Setlist folder. Save your Project again.
  4. Since Bobby McGee is now the first song in your first folder in your Beat Buddy, you can tell Onsong where to find it. You do this by editing the OnSong lyrics for the song. After the Title and Artist lines in your OnSong header, your next line will be:

MIDI: 0.0:0

Note the syntax and copy it exactly as it is here. After the all caps word MIDI there is a colon and a space. The next bit, 0.0 is giving it the folder’s place location among all your folders. The first 0 tells OnSong that this is within your first 128 folders on the BeatBuddy. The second 0 tells OnSong that it is the first folder within that group of 128 folders. Geek math starts counting at 0, so your first value is always 0, not 1. After the 0.0 there is another colon, and then no space, followed by another zero. This last 0 tells OnSong that this is the first song in the folder, again, because Geek math starts at 0.

1. Your first three lines of the OnSong lyrics sheet will look something like this:

Bobby McGee
Kris Kristofferson
MIDI: 0.0:0

1. When you pull up Bobby McGee in OnSong, it will then go to your first folder, first song, and since you put the Blues kit you want to use as the default drumkit in that song, you will have the song with the proper drumkit. If you add additional songs to the Setlist folder, your MIDI command for those songs will still start with MIDI: 0.0:, but the final value will change to whatever the position of that song is in the folder, minus 1. Such that your second song would be MIDI: 0.0:1, third would be MIDI: 0.0:2, etc. When you have that folder maxed out at 99 songs, you can create Setlist 2, immediately below it. The Setlist 2 folder would be identified at MIDI: 0.1:, and then your song position value would be entered after the colon.