I Got A Name - DOP, OPB & OPBk (UPDATED)

Note: includes count-in

Requires:

• Mod Standard Pro Bass drum set = NP Standard Pro Bass
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware ≥ v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes:
  • I_Got_A_Name.sng file (OPB = one press bass)
  • Chords & Lyrics - I Got A Name
  • Midi source file: i_got_a_name.mid

Download Here

Jim Croce

Notes: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________________Suggested kit

v1 (DOP)_____________________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 (OPB)_____________________STAX 4 octave piano & strings
v3 (OPBk)____________________STAX 4 octave piano & strings

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file, Youtube link and Chords & Lyrics

I Got A Name - Jim Croce.zip (76.3 KB)
1551/76

My to-be-posted queue is at Some songs to look for in coming days/weeks/months, etc

With apologies to the Rolling Stones but “It’s just a search away…”

Persist
I’m reaching out to you because you seem to be the person that everyone turns to with questions. I appreciated this and the fact you take the time to answer. I’m new to beat buddy but I have alter a few drum beats to fit the songs that I play.

I have recently found song beats already composed on the form which I would like to use, but I’m not knowable enough to understand how. Some of the songs have MIDI files and I’m not sure how to use them or where to go to learn or what equipment I need.

One such song is your “I Got A Name” which has a Midi source file. I found your link to the list of abbreviations used on the form which was hugely helpful, but can you help me understand what I need to use the Midi file with the drum set?

Again I appreciate what you’ve done and your time

Appreciate the kind words. Welcome to the world of BeatBuddy (BB). Sorry if this is a bit long-winded but to answer your questions:

1. Not difficult once you learn how to manage files. Your first step if you have not done so already is to download and install the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to your computer. If you’ve done that and have your bbworkspace folder within your user/Documents path, you’re off to a fine start. If not, let me know and we’ll help with that.
  1. As long as the MIDI source file are not from commercial sources, I usually include them with my zip files so that more experienced users may edit the MIDI files to their own preferences—they are basically creating their own version from the MIDI file provided). If you are experienced with a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Reaper or Logic Pro X, the MIDI source files can come in handy. Other than that, they may offer little to no value to users that just want to load a BB song to their BBM and play music.
  1. In addition to my MIDI source file, my I Got A Name zip file included 3 songs in different formats. I’m assuming you don’t have the drum set that the song calls for yet. Let’s say you just want to play v2—the one-press with bass version. Here’s the steps:
  • search the forum for the STAX Synth & Strings drum set; I’ve done that for you and here’s the link: STAX 4 Octave Piano & Strings
  • download the file to your desktop so that it’s easy to find; unzip it
  • open the BBM and from the File menu choose Import > Drum set (navigate to your desktop and select the unzipped drum set and press Open
  • once it’s done, on the left side of the BBM window, there are 3 tabs (beneath the Virtual Machine); click on the Drum Sets tab; once it opens, scroll to the bottom and you should see a check box beside the STAX Synth & Strings set you just imported; check the box
  • click on the the Songs tab
  • BBM . File > Import > Song and navigate to wherever you saved the v1, v2 and v3 songs and select the _I_Got_A_Name_v2.sng file . If you’ve already done so, you can disregard this step.
  • place your SD card in your computer SD slot reader; if you’ve never exported (and synchronized your project from your BBM before, you’ll need to do so: BBM > File > Export > Project to SD card (and if you have already previously done so, BBM > File > Synchronize Project.

P.S. Because the SUB-Standard Pro Plain is so hard for new users to find, I’ve included that link so that if all you want is a version of the song with just one-press drums: Dropbox - SUB-Standard_Pro_Plain.drm.zip - Simplify your life

1 Like

Persist

Thank you for responding, and “so Fast”! I should get time this weekend to digest the information and work through the steps you have outlined.
Thanks again!

1 Like