Importing Groove Monkee Folders?

cyril6@live.ie

cyril6@live.ie

cyril6@live.ie

WOW! pbf. files of Groove Monkee Loops is nothing short of amazing! Just downloaded v2 of the Country Loops I recently bought. Kudo’s to GM Customer Service. Hoping for pbf. files soon of the other packages I just bought: Rock Essentials 1&2, Soft Rock, Contemporary Rock, Blues and Blues Rock…

I has been a nightmare trying to audition and load the GM Loops beat by beat into a Beartbuddy Song. The pbf. file is a true lifesaver/timesaver - one click and they are all right there!

By the way, I have been building Songs and Setlists for 2 different Acoustic Root Americana projects i play in and now building Songs for a church Worship Team - I have found (for me) the Groove Monkee beats are THE BEST sounding, most consistent, most usable gigging beats out there. I actually like them BETTER that the stock Beatbuddy beats! Between Groove Monkee and the Beatbuddy Gig Basics, I have found fantastic, usuable, great sounding grooves for all of our songs. Just played a 4 hour Farmers Market gig on Wednesday with my Duo and had compliments all day about how great we sounded (Acoustic Guitar, Upright Bass and a Groove Monkee loaded Beatbuddy)!

I am loving my Beatbuddy and my Groove Monkee Grooves!

Hey 8day,

Thanks for the feedback! I’m starting to convert another pack today so I’ll choose one you’ve purchased already.

As for auditioning grooves, I highly suggest people download the free version of Studio One by Presonus. It makes auditioning and editing very easy and it includes drum kits, effects, etc. It’s available for Mac and PC. It’s fully functional audio recording software and it’s one of the best on the market. Many programs don’t feature midi audition and some that do are either very expensive or don’t include drum kits.

Thanks again to all for the support and encouragement!

Yeah, I read that on your website. Tried to download Studio One, but my iMac is so old I don’t meet the OS minimums, lol.

Anyway, thanks so much for converting your files to pbf. Such a great product marriage (Beatbuddy and Groove Monkee).

Any idea when you’d be able to pbf the "Power Rock pack?

If you send me an email (contact at groovemonkee) I’ll confirm your order and send you a link.
I was going to start another pack but I can whip up an simplified version that will allow you to do some jamming while waiting for the “official” version. I’m finishing up an official PBF for Contemporary Rock.

Fourmost: I chopped off the endings to create “outro fills” and they are now available as midi files in a new folder called “short endings BB”. This allows the user to quickly replace the longer coda (groove + ending) with just the short end part.

Yes, you can easily use parts from one song in another song. I simply place the Groove Monkee midi in the BBWorkspace - inside the user_lib\midi_sources and import from there.

Shoot me an email and I’ll get you a link to the updated files.
For those who made a purchase, you can download the Country update from Support->Legacy Accounts

Contemporary Rock was updated today and also has separate “outro fills”" in midi format.

Both packs now include a PBF, midi files mapped for BB and all individual songs exported as .sng files.

Thanks again to all for the continued support!

Hey BeatBuddys!

I just updated our New Orleans groove pack Big Easy with PBF, SNG plus outro fills (short endings).

If you already bought it, you can download the update from Support->Legacy Accounts
Note: don’t login at the web shop…web shop accounts are optional. We maintain the download area on our own server.

Thanks again to everyone…enjoy!

Thanks Russ. Will do.

I ended up ordering a pack from your christmas sale! You’ll be getting an email from the one I used for the purchase!

If you are playing CCM in your worship team, which GM beats package(s) do you recommend?

Given that CCM is basically ‘Nashville rock’, maybe Country or Contemporary Rock?

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay…I didn’t get a notification. I’m no expert on CCM but I’ve discussed it with the drummer I use in Nashville…he has very talented students who play CCM every Sunday and he says it “mostly rock” (let the arguments begin) so Rock 2, Contemporary Rock and Country should provide a lot of material.

CCM Pack - a BB user contacted me back in December about a CCM pack and I replied asking a few questions. This is a new market and needs to be addressed properly. However, I never heard back for this gentleman.

My drummer queried his students and we put together a bunch of grooves (verse/chorus) emulating some top CCM hits…

Bottom line: We’re ready to roll with a CCM pack but I’ve got some questions for the community first…if any one has time to answer a few, I’ll gladly compensate you with a free pack. email: contact at groovemonkee

Groove Monkee Recent Product Updates - some of you have been asking about PBF files. Thank you for patience during the holidays.

January 9th 2016

Rock 2: added PBF file with 13 songs. Outro fills added to midi files folder and we exported all songs in BeatBuddy SNG format.

January 7th

Released “Led Head Vol 1” - Zeppelin grooves with PBF file.

December 9th and 10th 2015

Country Pack: short endings added in midi format. You can now easily replace our longer outros (codas) with short outro fills.

Contemporary Rock: includes all 10 songs a BeatBuddy PBF file allowing you to easily import into the BeatBuddy Manager. We’ve also included the midi files, new outro fills and exported all 10 songs as .sng “song” format. Note: This pack was formerly known as “Rock 3”.

Big Easy: added PBF file with all 10 songs plus the bonus material. Outro fills added to midi files folder and we exported all songs in BeatBuddy SNG format.

If you’ve purchased any of these, you can download the updated versions at: Support->Legacy Accounts
Note: you must login there, not at the main site!

Excellent, thanks for the tips. I’ll check those out and see what I need. I’ve matched a lot of CCM to the Ballads stuff from the BB website as well. Some work well with Rock and Pop too. If I find some that seem to match really well, I’ll post specifics back to the data base on this forum.

I play in a Worship Band every Sunday morning and we are using a Groove Monkee loaded Beat Buddy augumented by a couple of Cajon players. Our style is mostly Roots Americana with Upright Bass, Banjo and a couple of guitars (acoustic and electric). I have found beats that work off of the GM Country, Rock Essentials 1 & 2, Contemp Rock and Big Easy packs.

I agree that most beats for Contemporary Praise and Worship in most of the churches today are basically rock beats from the 80’s. The current popular music of the church has a U2/Coldplay vibe with a lot of 4 on the floor, 6/8, and rock ballad feel.

The newer music coming out is heavily influenced by Hillsong and Hillsong United. They use a lot of layering, building, atmospheric and ambient sound utilizing a regular drummer on a full kit and other percussionists sometimes playing bass drums and toms with mallets, etc,.

We are currently working on new music from Jesus Culture and Hillsongs new albums. I am searching for loops that are almost “second line” but straighter (no swing) and ballad-like. I am experimenting with beats off the Big Easy set but a brush drum set.

Really looking forward to a CCM pack!

Major Props to GM for their response to the market and excellent customer service!

James Knox
Sage, Psalmist, Servant

Cool, I am a new owner of a Beatbuddy, but I have bought several MIDI libraries (Groove Monkey Mega Pack) from you guys -GREAT tracks btw!!!
Is the legacy only for country or are you going to provide PBF files for all of your midi libraries?
Thanks

Hey Russ,
Thanks for the updates, I purchased Rock Essentials and World Beats, any idea when the pbf files will be available for these?

I have purchased quite a few GM packs in the past - do I have to go and buy them all again to get the ones set for the beat buddy? I can send you my previous purchase email receipts :slight_smile: