Importing Groove Monkee Folders?

Hello Persist, There is talk of the old Blues pack, not the new Blues Classic. I just saw the presentation of the Blues pack has been corrected, and the table it is reported that the PBF is included. Yes!

I am very disappointed PBF File Blues pack. Why not have done songs with intro, chorus, etc. as for other packages? I feel that this package is somewhat neglected by the others.

Hello Jean-François,

Yes, the web site has now been updated. You should have been able to get the new files…the product page followed after the new files had been updated.

Cheers!

Groove Monkee, sorry, but for me there is nothing to do with this PBF. And that does not make me buy other pack. Very satisfied with the PBF Country pack by cons. But PBF Blues pack, the work was done half in my opinion

The Blues PBF is complete cover songs running from intro to ending…aka One Press file (OP).

Groove Monkee. Make a decent PBF file of the Blues pack and maybe I will consider buying other packs. Until then I’ll keep my money.

I’m interested in the Grove Monkee packs for Country. Do you download them into the BB just like the song packs we purchase off of the BB website?

Stay Tuned :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Geri

They come with a file zipped for BB and you just import the pbf file which the BBM sees as a folder of songs.

Thanks Persist. I went to their website to hear samples and several have baseline and lead guitar. How does that work with the BB? Can you change the key ?

I believe the process is the same. Some Groove Monkee packs may include a folder for Beat Buddy. For example, in the Jazz Buddy package, it is inside a folder labeled Other Mappings. The Full path is, for Jazz Buddy: Groove Monkee Jazz Buddy>Other MIDI Mappings>Jazz Buddy BB> Jazz Buddy PBF>Jazz Buddy.pbf. That is a .pdf file containing the songs mapped for the Beat Buddy. You will then, from BB Manager, go to File>Import>Folder and select that pbf file. The entire folder will then appear in your list of song folders in BB Manager. The songs are inside the folder.

The Country folder I have is older, and did not have a specific BB folder in it. You should check with Groove Monkee before purchasing to see if that has been updated to include a BB pbf file. Otherwise, the Country folder does contain a folder labeled Groove Monkee Country GM. Inside that folder is a Single Track folder, which contains drum part midi files. These can be used in Beat Buddy, but are brought in as parts of songs when creating a custom song. That would be a process worthy of another discussion, but if you are interested, we could explore that.

After you have the folder in BB Manager, you will need to get the songs from BB Manager onto you SD card. Insert your SD Card in your computer, if it is not already in your computer. From BB Manager, use File>Synchronize Project, if that is not grayed out on your computer. If it is grayed out, use File>Export Project. Select yes twice to overwrite your existing project. Your files will then be on the SD card. You can then eject the SD card and place it in your BB pedal, and the files should be there ready to play.

I don’t think the files you buy from Groove Monkee will have bass and guitar. Those are just there to demonstrate how the drum grooves could be used.

Hi Geri,
Yes, both Country packs have “folder” files (.pbf) that can be imported into the Beat Buddy manager like other content.
File > Import > Folder

Audio Demos
Our PBF files only have drums - but many of the audio demos include other instruments.

Try before you buy
We have a Free Beat Buddy sample pack with a PBF: https://groovemonkee.com/products/beatbuddy-drum-loop-freebie
Note: while you do have to “check out” you do not need to enter payment info.

Packs with PBF files
This link will display all of the packs we have with PBF files: https://groovemonkee.com/collections/beatbuddy-packs
The packs also include all of the MIDI files mapped for the Beat Buddy so you can edit and build your own tracks.

• the Blues PBF only contains “OPP” complete songs. Blues Classics is set up in the traditional intro/grooves/fills/outro fill style.
  • Led Head and Country Outlaws each contain 2 PBF files, one of each style.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your reply. If you have “Country 2” you can download again and get the PBF file and MIDI mapped for Beat Buddy. (Country 1 was discontinued years ago but still available in our legacy download area).
Note: customers can always download the latest versions of their purchases at the legacy area.

Thanks again!

Thanks persist!

@Groove Monkee - Thanks, Russ! I’m glad you guys monitor this board! That is awesome support!

Thank you Phil. I am so thankful for all of ya’ll on this forum who so willingly help those of us who are technology challenged! LOL I appreciate your help.

WOW this is great Russ! Thank you SO MUCH! I’ll check it out when I get home. I really appreciate the reply and the information.

Stay Tuned :slight_smile:
Geri

Hello Groove Monkey, is it hard to edit the Neo Soul Funk beats to PBF files, i dont have any experience with it?

Friendly greetings,

Demi

Hello Demi,

normal it’s not a big thing. you can use the GM Pack and import the mid files in bbmanager. You have files with the letters A,B,C,D for the Parts and one file for the main drum loop and for the fills.

Example: Funk 02 A.mid (main part one), Funk 02 A Fill.mid (fill1 part one), Funk 02 B.mid (main part two)…

The Tempo are the first letters of the file name. Example 096 Funk 02 A.mid (Tempo 96 bpm)

regards Matze