Inputting a mic will need a mic preamp - which one is best cheapest and portable?

Thank you Brennan . I will try that …I have a volume pedal at the beginning of the chain. I didn’t think of placing it before the Aeros . It should give me more options using other instruments … I will let you know how it goes.
I appreciate your enthusiastic engagement with your customers. It was a factor in my decision to go all in with singular sound . I’m using all your products in the chain and the rolls pre is working well also

Our pleasure! Thanks for your support and contributions to the community!

So I rearranged the board with the volume pedal as the last in the chain before the Aeros . And set the minimum volume on the pedal for when I want to push the pedals with compression and boost .
This has resolved my issue , and will take getting used to . Thankyou for your suggestion !
In a way I am using the volume pedal as an limiter .

I would like to suggest in the future you guys might consider an update for a variable input level on left right and aux in , controlled on the Aeros in the same way as you have set up the out output levels of the individual recorded tracks are adjustable relative to each other

2 Likes

yeah i use a boost pedal though I don’t know why one boost pedal doesn’t need a battery and the other one does but yes they work well

i use mic preamp either ultragain 500 or v3 art tube and then a boost pedal for guitar and then a mixer for the opz line in level

This has been requested!

Hi guys, my first comment on the forum, I hope I’m following the rules…

This topic is exactly what I’ve been looking for! For my pedalboard anything powered by 12v is out of the question - it has to be 9V or or 5V USB powered so I can take it all outdoors (powered by mission engineering 529i). And it has to be as small as possible…

Right now I can’t make a decision between the Yamaha AG06 or the Eventide Mixing Link. I’d like the ability to loop vocals for choruses etc, but most other times time I don’t want the Aeros to pick up the singing while I record instrument loops. With the AG06 I could plug in 2 mics (use one for looping / one for singing), but I’m intrigued about using the Mixing Link to switch the same mic in and out of Aeros. Does anyone know if that would work?

to be fair the ag06 is twice as heavy as a cheap chinese mixer that is also usb that i think also does the trick the eventide I don’t know

i found a powerbank that does 12 volt dc

The VLP has XLR outputs for the L and R channels. How are you getting these into the Aeros?
I assume you have some sort of adapter cable? I guess I assumed the balanced signal would need some sort of handling before going into the Aeros.
Any chance you could link the cable you use?
Thanks (brand new user here)

A cable like linked below. It ‘converts’ the balanced connection to one that can connect to an unbalanced input. Usually the pin 3 of the XLR is tied to pin 1 (ground) either at the XLR or through the cable at the 1/4" plug end. They can be found at different lengths and Amazon has ‘off’ brand cables priced a bit cheaper.

Excellent! Thanks so much Mark.

Hi Gusmosis, and welcom to the forum.
Yes, I have cables from xlrs to mono jacks. And with the guitar effects pedal going into the VLP aux in, guitar and vocal share the same signal chain into the Aeros main ins. That way I have the Aeros aux ins available for other inputs (in my case the BeatBuddy).

You don’t find any noise from this direct method of ‘conversion’? Any particularities to working this way? Just wondering!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Also, please note that even if the VLP has no mute-button, you can make a patch that mutes quite well (not dead silent, but close). So when I loop the guitar, this is the patch I would choose.

Hmm… I hadn’t thought of that. Thank you. I’ve been using the switch on my mic. I’m not sure if scrolling to a new patch would be better or worse.

By “Direct” you mean only taking one half of the balanced signal and pushing the other to ground?
What other options might you suggest? A reverse DI box of some sort?
Would you think there would be much noise when going from a buffered (I guess) vocal processor over a short cable to the Aeros?

i use dynamite it is a mic preamp needs phantom power though works on the rc500

Just asking him a question! No reason to think it wouldn’t work

This is a good reference to bookmark on making connections between gear…
https://www.ranecommercial.com/kb_article.php?article=2107