iOS app - can't enter the midi channel

came back to my Maestro recently after 6 months away to see if it was finally useable in the iOS environment - made the effort to read the manual but to no avail. When I try to enter a midi channel for a particular command to be sent on, once the auto-fill 1-16 is removed, the info field remains blacked out despite trying to enter a number.

I thought it might be a bug and the number was actaully there - but no - when you try to save it gives the error message to fill all fields before proceedings. Does this on both my Ipad and phone app, and both are up to date.

Can anybody tell me if Im missing something here??

Love the beatbuddy, love the Aeros, but Im just about done with the Maestro.

Have you updated the app and device firmware?

It appears that the Channel number field displays the text in black. For example, when I fill in the field, I can see the cursor change position as I enter channel numbers. Make sure youā€™ve selected a Type from the dropdown menu.

Iā€™ve noticed this too and pointed it out to Brennan a month or so ago. Hopefully that is fixed in the next update.

Hi -

I just noticed this problem yesterday and thought I posted about it in another thread that I canā€™t find, but found this.

FWIW, I was trying from my ipad pro (which shows my custom mode). It sounds like above is saying that the app is actually entering the channel number, but just canā€™t see it because same color as backgroundā€¦ I will try at home later.

I do also have the app on my iphone now and am able to enter the midi channel number there, interestingly (although Iā€™m not connected to MM at the moment)ā€¦ is there a difference in functionality between the ipad app and the iphone app?

Unfortunately when I tried using the phone at home yesterday, the phone version of the app did not show the custom mode. Should the app ā€˜seeā€™ the modes that are already set up on the MM? (I did try to upload the custom mode, but did not see it in the ā€œbrowse custom modesā€ area on the app (which could stand some organization and/or a search option)

What do I need to do to be able to use both devices (not necessarily at the same time) to edit MM?

Thanks!

This could be the case

These are different types of devices, we did not test for optimization on iPad, we hope to do this for 2.0 however. There very well may be differences.

No, the MM does not have any feedback system with the app, the app is the one controlling and writing to the MM. You must have your mode on your phone and write it to the app.

If you want to access your mode on another device you must share it and download it, give it a name that is unique and obvious to you.

If you shared it, it will be there

We are aware of the dismal state of the community list, 2.0 will have a maintenance back door and also serious improvements for UI

There is already a search function, it is rather discrete just tap the top horizontal line it is an input field

Thanks for the questions

FWIW, I do my MM custom mode on my IPad (itā€™s bigger and easier to see) and it works fine for what it can do so far. It seems to work the same as the iPhone app. The MIDI channel being the same color as the background is still an issue, so you have to look really closely for that.

1 Like

That MIDI channel bug is odd because not everyone sees it, 2.0 will be as perfect as it can be, weā€™re sorry for any inconvenience this weird bug causes!