Kashmir - DOP, OPB, OPBk(strings)

Led Zeppelin

Notes:

• Cheat sheets provided for both DADGAD (along with chord shapes) and EADGBe tunings
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 John Bonham Inspired
  • v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • v4 STAX Synth & Strings

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin.zip (203.5 KB)

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too). There are a couple of exceptions: at my discretion, I might fill a new user request (or two); the other being if I really like the song requested.
  3. How many ornaments did we try to hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
7 Likes

Thank you @persist, been waiting patiently for this one Sounds great as always and thanks for all you do here.

1 Like

Thanks Persist

1 Like

For posterity could we add the following readme to the zip file? Many people will download this and later not know how to use it:

Song versions:

• Kashmir_v1.sng - DOP
  • Kashmir_v2.sng - OPB
  • Kashmir_v4.sng - OPBk(strings)

Suggested kit(s) for each song version :

• v1 John Bonham Inspired
  • v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • v4 STAX Synth & Strings

Please correct as needed. (FYI, I tried to PM @persist, but seems like we cannot PM a moderator?)

If you click the flag button of persists post, you should have an option to message him. Or go through the messages tab of your profile.

2 Likes

Really nicely done Persist… and thanks for doing this one…

Think that I might just have to go travel some more time and space tonight… :beers:

1 Like

I keep a copy of all the songs on my laptop organized in a “BeatBuddy Songs” folder… Every time I download a song, I create a new folder in the “BeatBuddy Songs” folder and use the song title as the folder name… Then I copy and past the song info on Notepad and than save it as “Song Notes” and put it in that folder… and I always keep a backup zip file for the song files in that folder as well… That way I always have a backup if needed, and I also have easily accessible info on the drum kit(s), and whatever different versions of the song that are included in the zip file…

Hope that helps you out…

1 Like

Which is better?

• One person adds the readme to the zip file
  • Every person who downloads and cares about this info copy/pastes the post to a file

There are a lot of song files for which that is just not going to happen… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your interest in my work and the suggestion to improve the user experience (sounds like boilerplate, doesn’t it? :grin:)

A user, if he or she wants can always clip the text for that portion of my post and “keep it for posterity” with their files.

Most—but not all—of what you are asking for is already available within the Notes that accompany each of my song posts. For example, the link I provide with each song" Link (in blue font) to new user resources One of the embedded links: * Guide to BBM acronyms defines my method for identifying song versions—this takes care of the first part of your suggestion and it becomes a matter of getting used to my conventions.

I save the zip files for each song on my computer and users could do the same and then use their operating systems’ QuickLook to identify the contents and version of the songs. QuickLook should work for both Mac and PC users. For example, here’s a screen shot of the song in this thread:

What isn’t available within my song posts is the second part of your request but it’s something I will include within the file information of the zip file and that’s the kits that are used for each of the different versions of the songs. To get that information, use Get Info for the zip file and look for the comments. Had I done so for Kashmir - Led Zeppelin.zip, this is what it would have looked like:
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.02.07 AM

Since I’ve already provided some of the information you are looking for, I don’t intend to add another file to my posts. I will try to remember to include the suggested kits information but frankly, that’s rather superfluous as well because all a user has to do is to use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to import the song version and the drum set is identified within the song:
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.31.48 AM
If the drum set has not been imported yet or is not active, it will be indicated by the asterisk in front of the song name.