Looking for a few songs :)

Hi guys, I’ve learned how to modify songs with the BB manager software and hope some day soon to be able to create some songs to share but I’m just not there yet…
So I have a few song requests. One Press songs and I don’t get along because I don’t sing and rarely play songs exactly as they were recorded.That being said, two of the songs I would like to acquire could be in that format because there’s really only one way to play them; “Dreams I’ll never see” by Molly Hatchet, and “I know a little” by Lynard Skynard.

Songs that would work well with the “traditional” way to play the BB are; “Tequila” (The Champs or The Ventures), and three Santana songs that I could possibly medley if I wanted, “Soul Sacrifice”, Jingo, and Oye Como Va. I have seen an OPB beat for Oye como va, but that doesn’t work for me.

I would like to have “long cool woman” by the Hollies. I could probably find a stock beat that would work for that, but a custom one would be cool.

I’m sure there’s a hundred other songs I would like to have, but this is all I can think of right now, and hopefully i can find the time to create some on my own.

Thank you!

Soul Sacrifice is in Resources. Its an OPBk. Use the Hammond with Organ kit, and use both BB outputs. Long Cool Woman is in Resources, too. Please always check Resources, first, to see what’s there.

I checked resources first. This is not my first forum. I found the OPB’s, just not what I was looking for. but thanks anyway

Phil when you say Hammond with organ kit ,what does that mean? obviously its a drum kit but where does the hammond organ thing come in?

You can search and then download and import the kits with Hammond from Resources/Drum kits. The zip file also contains descriptions of the kits.

Anthony - remember a drum kit is a collection of wav files. MIDI give us 128 slots to assign to three files. A typical drum kit will use 50 or less. I take the other 78 and put bass in 32 of them and, in this case, organ in the rest. The result is a kit with drums bass and organ. I then make or get separate midi tracks for drums, bass, and organ, edit them, move the bass and organ notes to where I mapped them in the kit, and combine the 3 midi tracks. This gives me a playback track of a full band accompaniment. Please download the Soul Sacrifice song and the Hammond kit to see how it works.

I thought I had gotten it but Im at a loss again.So to add a wav file to a midi in the intro or main part of song I have to convert it to midi right or assign it an instrument on the drum kit in question.I make a create a new instrument in drum kit.I dare say I have to assign it to a note in my midi editor but the thing is I dont know how to do that .When I open my midi editor open new file click on wav in question or is it midi in question (The converter doesnt change wav to midi does it?)Anyway in the midi editor the key are all there but where is the file added on the keyboard the keys are not numbered.Or there seems to be nothing assigned

1. No. You do not convert a wav file to midi. If you figure out how to do thst with anything approaching 100% accuracy, you will become quite wealthy. The best “pitch to midi” conversion systems do a passable job, but even those tend to overemphasize ghost notes, and produce a midi that requires significant editing. As you correctly observe, the converter, NCH Switch, does not convert wav to midi. We used it to convert loud waves to quieter ones. We converted the amplitude of the wav, while keeping the frequency the same. We turned a Hawaii sized wav into a Lake Michigan sized wave.

Continued - I am going to make a very simple tutorial for you to work through. I will get it done tomorrow.
2) You do not add the wave file to a midi. You add the wave file to a drum kit. You then enter a note into the midi file, that is part of the .sng in Beat Buddy, that triggers the wave. I’ll explain this in the tutorial.
3) We could probably do this with the built in midi editor, but, do me a favor and get NCH MixPad. It’s free, and we’re not going to need any upgrade. It has a very good midi editor in it.

You are going to import a drum kit, import a song, and play an unedited wav file. The we will open the midi used to create the wav file. Midi is a programming language. It tells an instrument, in this case Beat Buddy, to trigger specific tones at specific times (and a few more things, but let’s keep it simple.) Then we will play the edited wav file. After that, we will add a third wav file containing the addition to the unedited file to the drum kit. We will then export and edit a midi file from Beat Buddy Manager. That edited file will then get added back into the Beat Buddy song, and when we play it, it will sound like the edited wav file.

It’s not going to be nearly as complicated as it sounds

Thanx Phil I have downloaded NCH mixpad.Phew its a little much for my tiny mind to get ,but I will be patient and await further instruction.

Here is the link to your tutorial:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3ifb79bbjt1enb/Sound%20Effect%20Tutorial.zip?dl=0

unable to open sound effects tutorial pages

My bad. I forgot to save it as a pdf. It was in Apple’s Pages format. Attached below.

Great thanx Phil yeh I cant afford MAcs strictly microsoft windows for me.

Hi Phil great PDF I gotten right up to the part
“Double click on the row right above the highest note. Elect the right edge of that new note’s
outline, and drag it to the right.” could you elaborate on that

Done Phil I figured it ,just another question how does one arrive at the allocation number for example select 61.I know this is probably really obvious

We are entering a new note into the midi file. On the following page is what the result should look like. You need to get a note entered at C#4 (between C4 and D4), that starts at the same time as the note at C4. When you double click at the location in the C#4 row, immediately above the leftmost edge of the note at C4, you will get one little red box, that looks like one of these:

[ATTACH=full]5908[/ATTACH]
You need to put your cursor over the right edge of the little red box, hold the left mouse button down, and drag to the right. You should then end up with the midi file looking like it does on the page that starts “It should look like this:”

We could have used any location that was not already allocated to another instrument. We had instruments assigned to 48, 52, 55 and 60. I picked 61 because it would be easy to find given that we were using 60. The numbers correspond to their location on the General Mid virtual keyboard. It starts at C-2 and goes up to G8. This keyboard is a partial one showing the numbers between A0 and C8. We needed the location above where we mapped our high C. Since the high C was at 60, we used 61. You won’t normally havet that sort of luxury. If you want to add a chime to one of my normal kits, for example, you would need to add it at midi 32 or 33, since everything else is normally already allocated. Then the trigger note would need to correspond to 32 or 33, which you can see in the picture of the keyboard is G#1 or A1. [ATTACH=full]5909[/ATTACH]

Ive tried doing the steps for the Ballad 1.1 kit and having heaps trouble cant find the wav file Im sorry Im about to give up

I don’t know what 3:35 AM equates to in your time, but that would be a good time to give up. It was approaching 1 AM my time when I was helping you last night. Anyhow, now, is hardly the time to give up. You have all the tools and you got through the Tutorial. I try to keep my Wav files organized in a folder so I can find them. Here is the link to the wind chimes and claps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nj77ukkmtptsz6l/AAAOJ7CuyOHpLNKYqbdaa7Cfa?dl=0