Loop set list for live performance

I use the Aeros looper for live performance in a band. Looping is great, but bending down and chainging the loop is a drag. Having a live performance feature to add loops to and rearrange in a set list would be awesome! Trigger with foot start stop change loop etc.

4 Likes

@doclamb0 with a midi foot controller you can access your set list (from stopped position) and scroll up and down to select your pre-saved song (which can be blank 6x6 or 2x2 etc).

2 Likes

Thanks JusDandy…. Any specific foot controller you recommend? It would take up more floor space……since I use an 8 pedal board and guitar synth.

I went with the Morningstar MC6 as it was a bit less money than Midi Maestro and a smaller footprint. There’s great support from the manufacturer and fellow users.(MC8 is more money and a bit larger but will give you two more switches)

Hey there,

We have a lot of changes coming soon that may cover this including the ability to have subfolders on the Aeros, this could be a specific setlist.

The BeatBuddy will soon be able to send Song select messages, meaning you could switch to specific songs using the BeatBuddy to change songs.

Thanks for the request, but we will not be building a setlist feature specifically, so I will tag this as #considered

1 Like

You can use a Smartphone with “midi to usb cable” to open list, scroll, select song and other functions
just need a smartphone with midi possibilities!

1 Like

Good Day - I just got the looper yesterday and I’m with ya. Great and easy to use from just a few hours of jamming but does sux not having a set list for the song loops to be controlled by the wheel/triggers, that’s the Kewl-ness of this looper, Foot Control! Hope the folders will be good for lists and have the ability to arrange the songs as needed and not just A-Z or by date.
Rock0n!

We will have albums on the Aeros very soon! We are working on making them order-able so voila, a playlist/setlist!

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to organize my songs for two set lists with the Aeros Since it always alphabetizes the songs, I’m trying to figure out how to get around this. I numbered the songs, which works fine up until 11, and then 11 goes in the slot after the one. Then thought I’d label them 1A and so forth, but that didn’t work either. There’s probably some very simple way to do this. And feels slightly embarrassed even bringing this up, but can anyone give me guidance? Thanks.

This is no longer an issue in the new beta 5.0.0, we now have albums and also the ability to order the songs as you please

Check out the forum post to learn more

Unfortunately not much you can do in the current live version

Hopefully, once you try it it is to your liking!

Can Songs be pulled up instantly with midi? (like from Onsong) If so.How do I get beta 5.0.0

This is already possible in 4.3.1 which is available on WiFi

How to set up a song with MIDI Song Select on the Aeros

First, the user must open the song, and edit the song settings (click the pencil icon in the Loop Studio)…

There are two relevant settings, MIDI Song Select and the MSB+PC setup. First, you must enable MIDI Song Select. Once enabled, the user can set which MSB (0-127) bank and which PC command will be required to open the song.

By using a MIDI controller capable of sending CC:0 (remember, this represents the general MIDI MSB bank) + PC commands in a sequence, you can open that song at any time.

How to open a song with MIDI Song Select

Step 1: Set a song to respond to a specific set of MSB and PC commands. Read how to do this above. Remember, MSB is represented by the CC command CC:0, the value decides which MSB bank is activated. For example, CC:0 value 4 is MSB 4.

Step 2: Set your MIDI controller to send a CC:0 (MSB) command set with a value between 0-127. In some devices MSB commands are sent differently, refer to your MIDI controller’s manual for more information on sending MSB commands.

Step 3: Next, set your MIDI controller to also send a PC command with a value between 0-127. This should be sent after the MSB command, if sent before it will not work.

Step 4: Send both the MSB and PC commands (in that order) to a MIDI channel the Aeros is currently listening to. Make sure the Aeros song you are tying to open is set to the same MSB and PC values you are sending.

Step 5: Your song will open.

To learn more about beta version 5.0.0, please read the forum post on it and follow the instructions. However, there is currently a bug where song select is not working. This will be fixed soon.

Hi Brennan,
I guess I missed the update. I’ll download it this afternoon and check out the various functions. Thanks to you and the entire Singular team for all your continuing improvements. Truth is, I love my Aeros and my BeatBuddy.
Best,
Tom

Hi Brennan, I updated my Aeros, so now I have another question. I saw online that it’s possible to set transitions now, so that you can initiate them at any point in the song part, which is great. But I also understand that with the midi out function, you can get the BeatBuddy to transition to the next part as well, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me. Can you give me a rundown on the settings? Thx. Tom

Hi Brennan,
I tried that the other day without succes.
Can you please send an exemple?
Also, is there any means to have the lock track preset (or when erasing a song have the possibility to keep that track locked)?
Thanks

Hi,
Any answer please ?

Make sure you have Transition Forgiveness enabled on the BeatBuddy if you plan on having the Aeros control the transitions on BB, you must be on version 4.1.3 to use this feature.

If you do that, is it working correctly? Let me know

If you want to open a song on the Aeros using MIDI song select you must enable the MIDI Song Select setting in the song settings by editing the song

Then you must set both the MSB and PC values that will open the song, and hit save.

Then once the song has a MIDI ID associated with it, all you have to do is send one MSB (CC:0) command and one PC command, in that order, to open it.

CC:0 represents MSB
CC:0 value 0 is MSB 0
CC:0 value 127 is MSB 127

If I want a song to open to MSB 1 and PC 5, on my MIDI controller I would send CC:0 value 1 followed by a PC 5 command on the same button press.

I cannot really be more clear than the steps in the post, if you need more one on one help please reach out to support@singularsound.com

Hi Brennan,
I figure it out. My problem was that I didn’t rearrange the midi cables to account for the midi out from the Aeros. Now it works perfectly, and, yes I also realized that I need to have Transition Forgiveness enabled on the BB. Thx.

1 Like