Loop trail mode

I was using in Freeform mode today and the end of loop definitely needs a decay or fade option. The abrupt cutoff is not useable as a freeform mode. Hoping this comes soon.

1 Like

Hello there, did you try going to the Global settings and setting Change Song Part/ Stop All to End of Loop? This will allow freeform songs to work much smoother on transitions/ stops, and will follow the longest loop in the song part. Let me know if this solves that issue for you!

Just to chime in, here, Brennan… that only really works if that longest loop is something that fades out. If it’s something that’s already had an overdub, it’s still going to stop, abruptly.

1 Like

You could try a manual fade out on the mixer wheel while you wait for the stop, maybe? In the end, the new fade features would fix this case.

1 Like

Yes I have it set currently to end of loop. I can work around this for now on additional tracks but on the fist recorded track it needs to have a fade out or trail. For example If I records a drone type sound. and then hit stop at the end of recording or let it run to the end of recording time it just abruptly cuts off the sound before lopping back to the start. For now I just need to make sure to manually fade out the sound on the device being recoded before hitting stop. When recording continuously to the end of recording time there is know way to do this as there is no indication that you are getting close to the end of recording time. A simple fade out at end of loop, or trail end of loop type setting would make things perfect.

The scroll wheel has become very laborious since the latest software. Trying to continue playing while concentrating on a meaningful fade takes a lot of concentration.

1 Like

This has been improved in the latest tested version! It now responds to the speed of the wheel’s rotation making it feel more dynamic.

1 Like

:slight_smile: yes

“I know we have a planned fade to stop option but it is not currently a priority for us”

What is the companies priority though? Seems like the essentials that people need and want in loopers, or essentials that are already in loopers on the market are not something you all seem to see as priority for some reason? Loop fadings and reverse and speed options are things MANY want and are priority to us looper people, but not to the company that makes a looper? I’m not trying to be a dick, but these things should be high priority for this and any looper. This post was made almost 1 1/2 yrs later and still not in the looper. People have asked for reverse and speed options since launch and still not in the looper… I wanna keep this looper as I enjoy the visual aspects of seeing the loops and what not, like a DAW in front of you, but if this is the work flow of how things get added, I may not be around with it long enough then and switch to something else again. I’ll give it a few months, if these improvements aren’t in it then another customer lost. I hope you succeed though!

1 Like

The priority is stability. From the outside it may seem to you we aren’t doing anything, but the progress is there and constant. There are many things everyone wants, we can only work on one thing at a time.

If the Aeros does not work for you, we have no issue with you using a looper that does.

These are free updates that no company can match in terms of speed and usefulness. Many Aeros users are incredibly happy with their purchase and don’t need more, those are not the ones on the forum posting all the time :slight_smile:

We can make a lot more people happy but we need time and it will take the time it takes. This particular feature is likely not far off but I cannot stress enough that every other user on this forum has a feature they are equally passionate about.

All I can say now is work is being done, the goals are there but we cannot work on more than one major fix at a time.

Thank you for your feedback.

5 Likes

I’m having a tough time with that response … on one hand it makes sense and I sympathize with the work required to make this sort of product and dealing with pitchfork wielding users at the same time, but on the other hand …

A bunch of “free” updates that no company can match? I bought a car that I liked the look of and reasonably assumed that it had a steering wheel, gas and brakes. It turns out all it had was an ignition. I parked it in the garage on faith that the additions would come sooner than later because I still really liked the look of it. A year later, the car company gave me a free steering wheel and gas pedal and tried to twist that into a story of fabulous support, while I’m finding out I only have 1st gear and I’m still waiting for those brakes. That’s a bit off-putting.

I guess the silent masses are incredibly happy with Aeros though. If there are a whole lot of incredibly happy Aeros users, then there are a lot of people who like driving in first gear in a flashy car on a Sunday. I guess it’s these other users who dare to be active with crazy desires to get all the way into 5th gear and stop the car that are the problem children.

Sorry, I’m frustrated and disillusioned, yet I hope for the best. But there is a limit to how much crowing I can read about what a success story this is. We all know that this product was sold VERY prematurely … so whatever pressure SS might be under to deliver on those promises is a self-inflicted wound, it’s not a “them” problem. Don’t try to make it sound like one and just stick to the facts … priorities, milestones, releases and I can read this forum, help people and be happy.

5 Likes

@BrennanSingularSound first of all, sorry if my english isn’t perfect, it is not my mother language. Aeros maybe is the best looper in the market. it will even be for a long time, due to the update system Singular Sound have chosen.
I have no doubts, I am also a technician, that the silent work of singular sound is noticeable in each update.
But I also imagine that many of us who choose the loopers path to create music have entered that world at the hands of the frippertronics and Robert Fripp’s soundscapes. One of the tool to make this things was a delay (from zero feedback to infinite). This tool that you can see on Pigtronix called it AGING. On my first looper Echoplex Digital (early 90’s) was a knob on front panel with the feedback control…
It is for this reason that this tool, if possible to make by the team of singular sound programmers, will give to the aeros -for me- the level that no other loopers has.

Thanks to u and all people in Singular Sound (I have bought the al bundle -MM,BB, Aeros) to give us tools to make new and better music!.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

We do plan on doing this still! Just stay tuned!

2 Likes

I’m as noisy as they come on the forum I think. I’ve said a few times that aeros is now feature complete for my needs, everything else is going to be gravy. So I’m a happy yet noisy customer.

That being said, I think you should be careful with veiled complaints about customers on the forum like the above. Those of us who “comment all the time” do it because we see potential and want to help even if that is by nitpicking. That’s a good thing. And on the whole I think most commenters have a point and they express them very well relative to the general standard of politeness on the internet.

If you get your implied wish of a quiet forum, I don’t think that would be good for singular.

1 Like

I apologize if you see it as a veiled complaint! Really just an observation, and a point of view! I’ve seen many active users become less active once the features/bugs they report are addressed.

Keep nitpicking please!

1 Like

Yes +1 here. Need to fade / age / decay loops over time as well as when you want to stop a loop vs the dead stop . Will be a huge enhancement and make this very pro sounding.

2 Likes

Hi Brennan,

Appreciate the updates; there are a lot of us that prefer loop trailing options. It’s rather essential.
It was a default in earlier delay units. How many builds before we might see some functionality?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hey there,

We can understand this, but unfortunately we cannot currently commit to doing this in the next few updates but it is something we plan on doing soon, now that we are nearing the MIDI update we will likely reassess our next features to address, likely we will be working on Auto-quantize before loop trail mode.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I would like to be able to fade out each track individually.

1 Like

We eventually want to add a fade to mute ability that would likely cover that, does that work in your case?

1 Like