lost power during upgrade - now BB won't turn on

I had a problem with no sound coming from BB Manager nor the BB itself. After reading the forum I started with a new SD card. I loaded the files from the support pages - ie. SONGS, DRUMS, etc. and also put the 2.04 files on the card as well. During the upgrade process - I lost power to the BB. Now I only get a “non lit” screen. I do know that the power supply is providing the 9 volts. But the box simply won’t start.
Is there a way to reset without the BB starting up?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Sometimes all you have to do is copy the firmware files to your SD card and try to update the pedal again.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to follow select steps from http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/general-disaster-recovery.7774/

It appears as though there is no power to the pedal. I have verified that the 9v does get to the main board inside. When plugged in - nothing happens or changes.

And if I use a different SD card - how does it need to be formatted for the BB to use it?

Thanks for the quick response.

The pedal appears to not have power and that’s the pedal symptom when the power is interrupted during a firmware update.

If you haven’t tried steps 5-8 in the link I suggested above, please do so. If you tried that and it didn’t work, the General Disaster Recovery steps usually/almost always gets everything working again.

BEST PRACTICE is to not change the SD card format unless you know that the card was reformatted. New SD cards are ready to go out of the wrapper as MS DOS (FAT32).

1 Like

well, I’ve tried it a couple of times just to make sure that I did everything correctly. Still the unit does not power up. I sent a message to support a few days ago but I’ve not heard back from them.
I wanted to say thanks for the help

Support is very good about responding to e-mail; please check your spam or junk mail folder to see if the message from support@singularsound.com