macOS BBManager error when opening

Just this morning when trying to open Beat Buddy Manager, I get an error window saying: “BBManager” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash. Safari downloaded this file today at 10:55am from s3.amazonaws.com. It also shows a checkbox that has “Report malware to Apple to protect other users”. The only two options are to “Move to Trash” or “Cancel”. I’ve pressed cancel a number of times, but this error pops up whenever trying to open. I’m using an iMac machine and have used the Manager many times with no issues. I’ve also tried using ctrl/click to try and open and get the same.

Which version of Big Sur or Catalina are you using and did you recently update your macOS?

same here Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina , I think I did an os update since my last use of BBmanager

Mac is using Catalina 10.15.7. I have not done any upgrade for months.

I’m working on a fix and should have it later today.

I just finished updating my test computer to Catalina 10.15.7 with the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and the BBM works as expected. I did not remove the BBM to try and reinstall, though.

I recommend following these two steps completely and in sequence.
Steps 1 and 2 Opening and installing the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) in Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur.pdf (279.6 KB)

If these two steps do not work, please PM me and I will provide the Step 3 file.

UPDATE 8/29/21: a BBM user updated Catalina to Big Sur and the BBM would no longer launch. He deleted the BBM app and then reinstalled it and it worked.

1 Like

hei , it did not work , actually it happens with a previously installed version that was working before

reinstall did not help

still put to trash message

dosent t appear in the security and privacy message

PM sent. Please check your forum inbox.

Could you PM me as well with the 3rd step? Neither of the first 2 worked and I am on Big Sur 11.5.2

Done. Please check your forum inbox.

It did not work for me (Big Sur) - please send me step 3

Done. See your forum inbox for my PM. I removed your email address from your post.

Thanks - I had to reload the software (my version was from 2016!).
Then I could so the steps to enable it…much better.

1 Like

I had the same issue last week - I managed to get it corrected - but on Catalina only (I do not have Big Sur). You not only have to do a reinstall, but first disable the Gatekeeper, then reinstall, do some steps to allow it to open, then you are good to go - Do NOT forget to re0enable GateKeeper. I sent the steps in the support so they do have the workaround to advise the details. They did say they were still working on a BiG Sur situation which is different than the Catalina fix.

Hi, I tried the first two steps and neither worked (the security and privacy page does not show an application list, much less BBapp).

Please PM me the third step. Thanks! Running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Actually, figured it out (“Get Info”…). Thanks.

1 Like

I got a different error message this morning (just got back). Something along the lines that BBManager couldn’t be confirmed not malicious (which is different than the error I got last week - see original post). However, I was successful this time by doing the “control/click - open”. Question: should I not upgrade to MacOS Big Sur or leave well enough alone or has Big Sur been confirmed working with BBManager?

If you need to install Big Sur, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. Out of the 9-10 Big Sur users that have asked for help with getting the BBM to work, only one (at least that I’m aware of) reports not being able to run the BBM under Big Sur.

If you run into problems, feel free to PM me or contact Support, support@singularsound.com.

I upgraded to Big Sur and BBManager is still working, so I’m good to go. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Hi there… I’m #2. Just got “BBManager.app” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash.

I’m on Big Sur 11.5.2. Just picked up a last minute gig for Sunday and really need BB. Hope you can help. I will keep trying. I have done all troubleshooting steps above.