MIDI Maestro sometimes fails to switch parts on my Aeros Looper

Is anyone else having this problem? Im using the 6x6 mode on my Aeros Looper, im connected to the beatbuddy and the midi maestro to switch between parts. Recently, Ive noticed that when I press a song part on the midi maestro it sometimes fails to switch parts on the looper although itll switch parts on the beatbuddy… im on the most recent firmware update, but ive noticed it happening with the previous firmware as well. Ive also noticed that its happening more frequently as well. I have a big gig coming up and im worried that itll continue to fail to switch parts. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Or do i just wait until a firmware fixes this?

Thanks guys,

Brian

Hey there,

What exactly are you sending out of the midi maestro? Are you sending the command to a channel the Aeros is listening to?

Could you send a picture of the custom mode button set up(s) on your phone for the button(s) you are using to change parts? I’m assuming you are using a custom mode and not the default mode

Mind that the BeatBuddy will only change the Aeros song part in 6x6 if a song part other than the current one is selected, you can avoid this issue by having both units respond

Are you currently on version 5.0.3?

Let me know!

Hey Brennan,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. Im using it in the default mode (aeros) ive pre-recorded all of my tracks on the looper and saved them. So, when I perform im not adding any new loops just switching song parts and singing and playing guitar. I have the breakout midi cable for the Beatbuddy and its going to both the looper and midi pedal. It works normally id say 80% of the time… however somtimes when i try to switch from a verse part to chorus part only the beat buddy will switch parts and the aeros will remain on the verse part… most of the time it will work fine but like i said ive noticed it getting more frequent. Ive updated all firmware on all devices.

I just wanted to add, that I had the same issue with the beatbuddy before I got the Midi Maestro and was using it in 2x2 mode. The beatbuddy sometimes failed to transition the parts… but that was fixed in a firmware update and didnt have an issue after that with thr beatbuddy…but now its doing the same thing with the midi maestro.

If you could please send a video report of what you mean and what you are experiencing to support@singularsound.com that would be very helpful, that does seem odd

Have you updated to version 5.0.3 for the Aeros, 4.1.4 for the BeatBuddy, and you’re using MIDI Maestro version 1.1.9 along with the latest apps and default modes on the 1.6.1 app?

If you are not fully update on all devices, please do so, and let us know if the issue persists!

If you are not yet on 5.0.3 you may wish to stay on 4.1.3 until after your gig, a lot has changed, but this bug should not be there either

Thanks

Hey Brennan, so Ive finally been able to take the time to record a video of the Midi Maestro failing to switch parts on the Aeros Looper. Where can I send the video clip?

Sorry, I just checked your previous message… ill send a link as soon as i upload it. Cheers! Thanks for the help

Cool, just stay in contact with support and you’ll communicate there!

Thanks for reporting

I am seeing this behavior as well. The next part seems to sometimes change the beat buddy and not the aeros looper. I have found that if I hold down the button when this is happening, the beat buddy will trigger and the aeros will trigger maybe a second after, like a delay of some sort.

I managed to capture this behavior after several attempts. If you watch near the end of the video (0:45), the aeros screen stutters and then the beat buddy changes parts but not the aeros (0:48). I have seen this behavior cause the beat buddy and aeros go out of sync.

Brennen, I am having this exact issue. Works 95% of the time, but spontaneously has the same error. Example: playing verse with BB and AEROS, then select part 2 on Maestro and BB. Changes tpmpart two, but Aeros remains on Part one?? If I t go back to part one, and reselect part two it works… I usually try to reseat the midi cables just make sure connections are good. As far as videoing it… impossible because it just happens once, then it works. This is a software glitch in the Looper for sure. Please fix this. It really screws up alive song when it happene

1 Like