Midi Sync/BB and Voicelive 3. WOW.

I know these things where selling for like 700$ and it appears they just dropped the price down to around 475.00 at some dealers. if you need more info reach out to me…

wow, that’s a great deal ^

So, I bought the VL3 and I´m blown away with it - Sooooo much in a little box. It took me an evening of messing around with the VL3 midi settings and the BB midi settings and the Looper settings till I got everything in sync and running smoothly. The big test was using ( amongst many others ) the ´Superstition `song groove from the forum, and looped in all the instrument parts of the ending of Mike Oldfield´s Tubular Bells, and let it run for about 20 mins. It didn´t lose a beat. I´m delighted that this is finally available - 25 years too late for me - as I don´t tour solo in clubs as often as I did when i was a ´younger´ man. Nevertheless, this is the simplest and most exiting setup I´ve ever had. I managed to have everything running out of ONE cable into a small travel pa ( H&K Nano 600 ) and I´m really looking forward to setting this up with my Bose L1II.
Heaven.

I just got mine today did you have to upload any new updates? I am waiting on the midi sync cable to come to pair them. any suggestions on setting this up to sync would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

Shut up and take my money! I ordered from Amazon. Got spousal approval since my birthday is 420, and it’s a business expense! :smiley:

Could you by chance help me with how you got the two to sync up? I have been trying but have had no luck. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated…

Joe

You will be able to ditch the RC300 if just guitar. PLENTY of record time on VL3.

SWEET setup! Right down to the picks!

price drop is because they came out with voicelive 3 EXTREME u guys need to check it out its a game changer out in may 799 USD

How good are the electric guitartones in the voicelive 3 ? ( And I mean really the amp modeling) Is this compartiment really good or do you have to consider this unit as a voice effect with a “bonus” ?

With the dropped price voicelive 3 and its midi capabilities is very interesting. Certainly if you compare this price with eg. a pigtronix looper. Voicelive gives guitartones, singing effects and a good looper at a price that is not much higher than the infinity.

Yes. That was it’s primary appeal for me. One device to rule them all so to speak. I wouldn’t say any of the layers are “the best”, but they are all very good. I think they’re all fantastic, but I recognize too that there is better stuff out there if you’re willing to pay for it.

It’s a bit of a compromise, a boatload of stompboxes and power supplies versus 1 or two. I think it comes down to what you’re doing with it. I inherently distrust software based anything, but in the grand scheme of things, if something fails while I’m playing, it’s not a big deal. If I needed 99.99999% reliability and the best sound possible, I’d opt for individual devices and a billion dollar budget. The upside of the VL3 is that everything it does is linked, and pairing it with the BB, for the one thing it doesn’t do, makes it a fantastic setup that you can setup and tear down in about a minute. You can also carry an entire pedal board or two worth of stuff in a backpack.

I sold my Infinity and a bunch of pedals after getting the VL3 and from time to time I do miss them, but it happens less and less as I learn more about the VL3’s seemingly endless capabilities. It’s an enormously powerful unit that is as configurable or as simple as you want it to be. Firmware updates are pretty regular and include useful features and bug fixes. The BB is the perfect accessory to that great product.

I might add too that I never intended to sing, simply because I can’t. I bought it for the guitar fx and looper. I sing all the time now, just for fun and because with the VL3 I sound like a rock star lol.

I love the Infinity and think Pigtronix has done a great job of updating with midi sync, loop echoing, and the ability to expand your expand your preset banks. I just don’t understand why they didn’t make it a three phrase looper especially given the competition like The Boomerang and the higher end Digitech and RC products. They really limited their customer base IMO to musicians whereas they could of gotten musicians plus singer songwriters. Being the latter myself I’ve opted to trade my in and save up for a VL3X…

I would like to find out the specs on the looping capability of the VoiceLive3 and if it uses an SD card to save the loops. Does anyone know about this? I guess I can find out by pulling it up through one of the dealers. Interesting thought and nice sound sound from the video.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

The guitar tones are pretty legit from what I’ve heard and seen on their YouTube demos which they have plenty of. Their acoustic modeling is pretty nice as well very comparable to fishmans aura digital imaging. It also has all of the guitar effects from TC Electronics as TC Helicon are under the same umbrella. The price drop though which no one is bringing up is due to the fact that they have already released the VoiceLive 3 Extreme. I has everything the 3 has but they boosted it with a crazy amount storage space and other features like usb compatiblilty. I think the looper is three phrase instead of two phrase. They pissed some folks off with that because it came out like six months later and it is definitely superior to its predecessor…

I think it has internal memory though not a lot. I don’t think it uses SD cards but I could be wrong. If you ask a question on any of TC Helicons endorsed YouTubes they’re pretty spot on about answering questions but honestly their demos are usually pretty thorough. The next model up the VoiceLive3X Extreme has addressed internal memory issues, external memory with thumb drives and turned the looper into a three phrase looper…

The price drop is because it’s superior successor the VoiceLive3X has been released. If your wanting to use it for the one man show it’s more worth shelling out an extra 3 bills for what it has to offer versus the VL3. That’s my opinion based on my research and also what I’m looking for of course…

I may sound like a noob, and I guess I am…I need a bit of help…I’ve got the VOicelive 3 and the Beatbuddy, but I don’t know how to connect them. Can anyone upload a tutorial or type the instructions please. I’m new to old this new tech. Thanks

I was considering a Pigtronix, but maybe this is the way to go… I’m already using a TC Helicon PlayAcoustic, and this does everything the PlayAcoustic does and I wouldn’t have to use a line leveling transformer for the guitar output. My only concerns might be that I really don’t want the guitar MFX, and it might just be a hassle to create presets without any of the guitar effects. I had to do on the PlayAcoustic, and this one seems to have even more stuff I’d have to turn off. My outboard reverb, delay, and compressor are way better than the TC stuff. Always a decision to make…

hey I was wondering

The pin configuration on the two units is different (BB has 7pin & VL3 has 5 pin) where can I get one? I guess I need a stereo to stereo headphone cable as well? Sorry, I am not a too versed on this stuff…Thanks Rob

Scudd, there is something in this photo that makes me awfully nervous. Do you move the power supply out away from the pedals when you actually operate this pedalboard? If you don’t, you have a perfect source for “AC Hum” with the main AC Cord too close to the shielded wires like that and being too close to the input and output jacks. The Tascam Mic is also setting way to close to the power source. Just thought I would mention it. This could cause you some headaches. Power supplies should be at least 12" to 24" away from input souces. Just sticking my nose in about a potential problem that plaques a lot of musicians. Shielded cables should cross power cords at 90 degree angles to eliminate AC Hum. If it functions the way it is, your lucky. Also, glad to see the equalizer there. Just tell me to Butt Out and I will go away!
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.