MM + BB More than 5 Parts

Is there a way to add buttons for a song that has more than 5 parts?

You can program custom pages for your MIDI Maestro by using the Singular Sound app that’s available for IOS and Android. The command is CC 113, and the value would be the number of the part you want to transition to.

Thanks ED! Now I see how to look at the other commands for hints too. Nice one.
ps: I was born in 1970 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to expand on what Ed brought up, there are multiple commands you could use, maybe you would get more out of using a Next Part command CC:113 value 126 followed by CC:113 value 0 to constantly go to the next part.

If you need access to all 6 parts, you can use something called a redirect to change the page on the MIDI Maestro once you press one of the buttons.

You could add part commands to other pages or create a page that redirects out any time you change the part (You can see this in the Aeros 6x6 song controls in the Aeros Default Mode).

Read more about the MIDI Maestro app and MIDI in general in our MIDI Maestro manual! Lot’s of important and useful info to get you going!

Please check out the full list of supported MIDI commands here.

You can also check out this awesome video on the MIDI Maestro by Joe Vitale!

Thanks for the question!

On a similar line of question, I have my midi maestro as the master, transmitting to the aeros looper and merging on to the beat buddy (this allows my saved loops to automatically call up the proper bb song). Is there a way (in the aeros loop song setup) to start the bb song on a part other than part 1? Some songs are only two parts on the looper but 5 or 6 parts on the bb, but the parts 1-4 are really similar but part 5 is what I want to coincide with part 2 of the loop song. Am I missing an entry possibility in the Aeros song setup?

Hey there,

Interesting request, yes, as of version 4.1.6, the BeatBuddy will switch to a song part without starting it when receiving the first half of the transition command (don’t send the CC:113 value 0 command, as this will start from it stopped), this will select the part without starting it.

So to select part 4, you’d send CC:113 value 4 while the BeatBuddy is in a stopped state.

Let me know if this is helpful!

So I am a little confused…I am looking to send this command (starting the BB in a non-part 1 section) straight from the Aeros song set up…Is the CC:113 command part of the Aeros song edit commands?
Thanks for your patience…I am still new to the midi commands and where to enter them. I have the Midi Out Control figured out to start a particular BB drum track but that’s about it.

Unfortunately, no, you could not set the Aeros to do this automatically

The easiest thing will honestly likely be to use the BeatBuddy Manager to edit your songs to be the way you want them to be! No need to open on a random part, just make that part into part 1

Check out this quick start guide on the BeatBuddy Manager, it may seem complex but a lot of what you need to do can be done easily

Here’s some resources on the BeatBuddy Manager on youtube

If you feel you need more help feel free to reach out to support@singularsound.com for assistance here!

Hope this helps, let me know!

I am wondering if it is possible to use MM to go into play at the end of recording a loop. I ask because I want to have Aeros (using 6x6) on a stand so I can see the looping going on and control the mixer with hands. I use the record next part function on the MM but then have to use a hand to push play to get the loop to be active, but I really want to do this by foot. Any suggestions? thanks Garth

Hey there,

sorry for the delay

Correct, this is possible using the RPO commands, check out all our MIDI commands here

CC:41 Record, Play, and Overdub Command Name Value Description
Record New Track 0 Begins or sets up a recording on the next available empty track, if no tracks are left to record to in a part, it will be ignored. In 6x6, if a new part is selected, this command will start or set up a recording in the new part. If recording to the last track in a part, sending this command will commit the current recording. If there is an undone track and all other tracks are recorded to, this command will record to the next available undone track in order.
Commit Recording 20 This commits any current recording or overdub and goes into playback mode
RPO Selected 100 Record/Play/Overdub on selected track (6x6)
RPO 1 101 Record/Play/Overdub on Track 1
RPO 2 102 Record/Play/Overdub on Track 2
Select Next Track 103 Selects the Next Track in 6x6. If the track is empty, a recording will start in the empty track either immediately or at the next sync point (if there are sync rules). To return to the first track without starting a recording send the CC43 value 103 command twice quickly to cancel the recording and select track 1.
Select Previous Track 104 Selects the previous track in 6x6

Thanks for the question!