More Custom Modes!

HI, this is my first time posting here. I’m finding that I am limited with the Midi Maestro when it comes to utilizing rich or full midi implementation with my pedals.

Currently I am only able to access one custom mode program at a time. It would be awesome if the maestro could hold multiple custom modes, this way I could easily switch between exploration modes and jam modes. 60 commands, with a maximum of 120 using the toggle function, is simply not enough to operate on. I am running a Strymon Volante, Meris Enzo and Ottobit, Line 6 M5, and GT-1000 Core on my setup. It is a pain to have to reprogram the unit to simply switch between my custom modes. Honestly, I’ve began considering the Morningstar MC8 as a replacement.

Additionally, I’ve always had issues running my Boss EQ-200, and have yet to prove the GT-100 Core works, with the Maestro. Both of these pedals utilize PC messages only, should be straightforward but it simply does not seem to work over the 1/8" trs midi cables. Thinkin this may have to do with sending signals over the tip vs. the ring… but having difficulty finding the proper specifications.

Looking forward to your responses, thanks.

2 Likes

Hey there,

We have toyed with this idea actually, so you’re not too far off.

I will say that this was just something we talked about, but not something that is presently going to be worked on. We are knee-deep in the redesign of the MM app, and once we get through that, we may look into allowing multiple custom modes that replace the default mode.

This is likely still far down the path, but something we’d like to look into at some point, Dev says it should be possible, no promises.

As far as access to more than 120 discrete commands (I say discrete because you can actually send 8 commands per press – 16 with a toggle – so it is actually more like 960 total commands) you may just need another controller in addendum, we have seen users use more than 1 MM in their setups. It works quite well since MMs can be put anywhere in the MIDI chain since they use MIDI Merge.

Thanks for the quick response!

Out of curiosity, is the redesign of the mm app going to maintain the current midi command libraries?

I’m glad to hear that more custom modes may be added in the future! You got me thinking about a 2nd MM, and I wonder if you guys considered a Mini MM?

I do realize that more than 120 commands can be sent, but for most of my current midi commands I’m just using the toggle function to access presets, activate expression ranges, and individual features of pedals (one at at a time). I’m using all 10 pages and about 2/3 with the toggle function, and in some cases multiple midi commands. Ultimately I’d like to be able to switch between modes. I use an ES-8 to set my pedal arrangement and initial tones/functions, while the MM controls individual pedal functions from there.

Happy Holidays!

Missed your message! We may consider something along these lines, for now it is not anywhere down the pipeline however

Thanks for the feedback!

I would also like to see more custom modes. Why display the version on the unit taking a button spot, when the app could tell you the version firmware, so technically you could add a 2nd custom mode to that button location instead.

Is it difficult to remove the Beatbuddy and Aeros mode to make this free?

This two mode take place that you can transform as 2 customs

Who want this two mode can download with the app and install it
It seem to be logic to have more customs

New midi implementations with more and more functions that we need
and we are limited on the other side ?

My opinion is to have a
Custom 1 to navigate into the Aeros and Beatbuddy, clear, save, select, etc…
Custom 2 a full option for a 2x2 mode
Custom 3 a full Option for a 6x6 mode
The three switches at the bottom can be
switch 1 = choose a custom
switch 2 = select a custom
switch 3 = comeback to home screen
and the press two switch together can stay

Can be a more useful MM for my opinion

2 Likes

Any update on this? Seems the first question about this was more than a year ago. Will this be happening or do we have to switch custom modes by using the app to send it with Blue Tooth which is a very slow glitchy process (errors, finding a pen to press the bt pair button again and at the end pressing the modes button again with a pen to restart custom mode).

Hello there, for now there is no update on this ability, we apologize for any inconvenience

Thank you for your feedback