More footswitch functions

Thanks Ole-Morten.

For me itā€™s a combination of options so that the end result is that I donā€™t have to double stomp the main pedal. For example, if the external footswitch can be set to handle fills and outros, and I can then make the main pedal do transitions with one click, that would be sweet.

Hi,
Iā€™ve replaced the beatbuddy footswitch by the FS3X but the 3rd button donā€™t work every time ???..

If it only works intermittently, you probably have one or more cold solder joints.

for me it will be useful to add in footswitch the option to stay in transition part with one tap and the other idea is to change from verse to chorus without transition. is it a good idea? what do you thing?

The reason I bought a BB was simplicity.
All I want is an external pedal (again with the unit at hand height would be fab) and a simple (single tap) stop/start footswitch. I really donā€™t know why it hasnā€™t happened yet that the user canā€™t program the external footswitch. Seems a no brainer to me.
Until the double tap feature can be changed to a single one I wonā€™t be using it for live performances as the double tap really puts me off my stride :frowning:

1 Like

I would like to see the footswitch functions transferred to the BB mgr.
I alternate 2 sd cards ā€¦ I have to reconfig the outro,cue fill,release time settings every time .
thatā€™s 51 button presses ā€¦btw . (Iā€™m really good/fast at it now ā€¦but )

yes, and I am trying to scroll through the styles with the foot switch ā€¦ but that doesnā€™t seem possible.

also, I want to assign certain styles to be ā€œattachedā€ to certain loops on my Boss RC300

@Ole-Morten

With the new firmware 2.01 (beta) you can assign the main pedal functions to one of the footswitches and also assign one footswitch to trigger an outro with a single press. Please message @BeatBuddy Support directly to receive the beta firmware. Thanks!

You want the settings to be set on a per song basis?

I think likely that a setting that applies to the whole project is what they mean. As stands right now, the project is sometimes not recognized on the SD card and has to be re-synced. And then when the SD card is inserted back into the BB, the settings reset themselves.

Hi David,
Iā€™m not personally particularly in need of micro-managing per song settings, (others may have need)
I like the k.i.s.s. factor of one transfer of syncing the project to any/every card I load ā€¦

(egā€¦ I was just out of town w my bro-in-law who bought a BB last year, but wasnā€™t using it ā€¦ (no BB w us , but lots of jamming)
I gave him an updated firmware sd card, latest BB mgr & entire library of w bass .sngā€™s (on jump drive)
to bring him up to date with what he was missing out on ā€¦ he is on his way home to load it up,. w verbal info on how toā€™sā€¦
but he will have to deal w resetting his pedal functions.
If the settings were on the sd card from the BB mgr, he could have had avoided that 51 step finger dance also.

at this point in time Iā€™m happy w finally finding all settings that work for meā€¦
(untill I get started learning about midi & onsong/setlistmaker etcā€¦Iā€™m just happily getting paid to play w it.)

If I have one more press , it will be like a card game of 52 pick-up ā€¦ & we know how that ends ā€¦lol :wink:

VERY GOOD IDEA YES

Allow a TC helicon switch 6 to work with the BB.

My 2Ā¢ worth: more in some cases might not be better as it would probably take Singular Sound developers more effort to program this than it would be worth. A better option might be based on the answer to ā€œwhat are the functions that you would like those 6 buttons to perform on the BB pedal?ā€

Would be nice to have it end, kick, HH and fills all on separate buttons. (I think)

Thanks for providing some feedback.

whilst I think such a footswitch option would be a good move Iā€™m coming at this from a different angle
the only reason I could possibly want the BB in front of me whilst playing piano is to see the screen, since with an app like Bandhelper or similar you can send MIDI control signals to the BB to do everything you need. What would be slightly more flexible actually I think would be for Singular Sound themselves to create their own MIDI control app for iOS and Android devices, if they then just ad a set list function to that and allow various MIDI control message to be assigned to songs and sent automatically as you flick through the set list it would be totally perfect.

Right now I am using Bandhelper whilst playing my piano and BB is on the floor. I can control it exactly how I need to. the only downside is I canā€™t see the current display without looking down - so some additional MIDI out messages giving a DESCRIPTION of the song change, tempo change and drum set change would be really useful for other third-party apps (i.e. not an actual MIDI control message otherwise thing should just get stuck in a loop!)

IMHO

What a great function and it seems to be a really simple and obvious function would be a ride cymbal option which when pushed down theres a constant ride cymbal sound and pushed again would disengage. this would be great for simple going into and coming out of chorus.
Also could someone tell me where the tttssss open high hit /closed high high hat is?

Why not simply use a 6 foot TRS cable for the BB foot switch? I mount my BB mini on the mic stand using a cellphone mount to, as you say make changing settings easier. Actually, why do Singular sound provide that crappy litttle TRS cable instead of a 6 foot one?