More footswitch functions

Seems I was speaking out of the wrong orifice (above). The functionality of the Beat Buddy foot switch is, in my opinion somewhat useless. The crash cymbal has very limited application. The pause control is of value in some tunes. What I would like to see (and I am going to see if it can be done) is the pause button moved to the left and its functionality for changing songs removed. The cymbal function is to be removed completely and the right hand button to have the same functionality as the button on the BeatBuddy Mini. This would then allow the BeatBuddy Mini to be mounted on the mic stand for ease of access for changing settings.

If anyone out there has done this or if anyone at the company has a circuit diagram to make these changes I would be very keen to hear from you.

Just to put out another approach, here is how I have BB set up. I play keyboard at a church in a small band. I am used to having three pedals - BB Fill to Variation (LEFT), BB Fill (MIDDLE), Keyboard Sustain (RIGHT). I use a 3 foot pedal switch (a [SIZE=4]Studiologic VFP-3-10 Triple Piano-Style Sustain Pedal) [/SIZE]to control the BB. The pedals have three separate 1/4" output cables, one for each pedal, that plug into the rear of the Kurzweil K2600 keyboard I play. Filtered MIDI from the K2600 is then used to trigger the BB. I have the BB in front of me, so I can switch songs and see what the BB is “doing” while we play.

Google Photos
I tried to link an image of the setup, but it doesn’t show in the post’s preview for some reason.

I realize that this setup is very specific to my use, but I thought it may spark ideas for others.

Stephen

Yes!! This is what I need. It’s now 2020 is there any resolution on this? I also have the BB mini and looking for the footswitch to start the song, add fill, and stop the song (i.e. have the FS toggle perform the same way as the BB mini toggle). So I can operate the BB mini by hand and mount it to my mic stand. Thanks, please say there is a fix for this by now?

That is exactly what I did. You loose the splash cymbal but gain foot control over the stop/start, fills and ending as well a pause function with the left footswitch.

The guys at BB gave me the thumbs up on the modification.

I am selling my complete modified set up if interested!

Regards, Kevin

Kevin

Do you mind sharing how you made that modification? I recently bought the BB mini and foot switch. Thanks

Hi Tim,

I posted my pedal hack on YouTube. Basically you are by-passing the footswitch on the unit. It doesn’t affect that switch function so it is still usable:

Pedal hack PPT

Pedal hack PPT

How to convert your BeatBuddy mini to full remote footswitch operation.

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Kevin

Cool man, thanks so much, I’ll check it out!!

Would you be interested in only selling the foot switch? I just wanted the video, great presentation!! If your price is reasonable it would be easier vs. drilling, soldering, etc. Thanks,