Mute bug (can't mute) when using mixer

Hello there,

I’ll leave here the steps so you can try it out.
1 - On 6x6, recorded 3 tracks.
2 - Select part - leave the highlighted square on top of the Plus sign
3 - Enter Mixer - holding the left pedal
4- Try to mute any of the tracks and they carry on playing, they don’t turn grey. But if I quit the mixer, they are grey on the “normal screen”, and are still playing.

Let me know if you can fix it!

Thank you,
Valter

Hi there, what version of the Aeros firmware are you using? The latest is 4.3.1 and the 5.0.0 beta is up already for testing.

Hi Brennan,

I’m using version 4.3.1.

No problem with this on 5.0.2

Alright, I’ll wait for version 5.0.x to come out on wifi, since i’m not confident enough to try to do it with an SD card.

As soon as that happens, I’ll give this a try and will reply here.
Thank you,
Valter

Hey guys,

I’ve just updated my aeros, retried the steps for this bug and found out that it still does it.
So, the bug was not fixed with 5.0.x.

This is important cause sometimes it happens during live performances, messing up really badly the flow of the music. Please, have a look into it.

Thank you for your lovely work,
Valter

Hey there!

Could you please tell me

Did doing this ever work? If so, what version was it working on?

Also, would you consider not changing the current part to another part before opening the mixer? That is the action causing this bug, the Aeros is confused since another part than the currently open part is selected.

Please let me know!

Thanks

Hi Brennan,

Sorry for the late reply. I do not remember exactly which version I had this issue first. Year and a half ago I believe.

" Also, would you consider not changing the current part to another part before opening the mixer? That is the action causing this bug, the Aeros is confused since another part than the currently open part is selected"

I do consider that, but even sometimes, when i’m trying to open the mixer (holding the button) it changes to the “+” sign just before opening the mixer (because it is the same button, 1 click changing, hold for mixer), maybe because of sensitivity. It can be very unexpected.
That has been the way that I play since I found out about this bug.

I’m not trying to open the mix on purpose while the “+” sign is selected, there’s no advantage on doing that, but it just happens.

Are you guys being able to replicate the bug yourselves? Or is it just my Aeros?

Cheers,
Valter

Heu again,

The good news is this will be fixed soon, it is fixed internally now!

This was a bug, we were looking at the selected part instead of the playing part, thanks for reporting

A post was split to a new topic: (5.0.3) Mixer is not responding to mute/unmute commands normally