NEW FEATURE: Manual for MIDI Maestro!

Yes, I think that is correct with Rev 02. I have the original.

I’m in for Bluetooth…just got a message on ship date, but it has been delayed so many times as I have seen in this forum, that i am not going to do a pre-order until I have an exact ship date. As of yesterday the email said it was tied up in Hong Kong with the looper. Here are the exact words…

"The loopers and the Maestros are currently stuck in Hong Kong customs, so we are waiting on everything to be released from there. Once it is all released, we will have a better idea of when it will all be shipped out to everybody.

Sorry it’s taken so long! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you. Thanks!"

When will a manual be released? I want a full picture of what I am going to buy before I lay down my cash…so far I think it is great but need more information. Hope we see it soon.

+1

Hello.

I would like to create my own profiles and layouts of the buttons on Midi Maestro for use of the Beat Buddy.

I have several questions I’d greatly appreciate answered that I am sure will help others with this frustrating device.

1. Is there an example somewhere on all the default Beat Buddy Midi CC numbers I can use?

2. Is there something more concise than the BB Midi Controls downloadable PDF since it to is not complete?

3. I am looking on how to recreate the Part 1 to Part 5 commands of the parts page of BB default profile.

4. Or how to recreate the Accent Hits Page with my own choices of sounds.

5. I still don’t know how to perform scroll up or scroll down of songs like the default BB profile does on page 1.

6. How about the the midi command for going to a previous part?

7. Also, how would would I link the Midi Maestro to my iPad to work with Onsong? I noticed there were some sample custom function/commands that were downloaded for Onsong.

8. I notice that when connecting the midi out from the BB to MM, that songs do not start and the BB gets are confused. Nowhere have I seen documented on how to connect the MM to the BB.

9. What is the latest version of the MM firmware?

10. I notice when trying to update the MM thru the Android app it keeps saying that an update is available. When I perform the update, it takes a while and then it fails or times out, not sure which since the MM disconnects from my Android device.

11. When is the Apple app coming out?

12. When is the full manual for the MM and Android app coming out?

Lots questions and lots of missing info here to truly customize and utilize the MM the way I need it considering this has been out 6 months.

Please advise.

Thanks
Rob.

CC: @DavidPackouz, @JoeInOttawa

2 Likes

BTW, I also noticed that there is no way to program the MM footswitch on press, and footswitch on release event with the buggy Android App you current have in place, yet I know the MM supports this capability since it is working like this on your BB default profile. When are you planning on releasing this already? The BB default profile is not useful for me for live performances since it does not contain the functions I need.

I would appreciate a response.

I want to use the MM for live shows and know how to program the MM, but can’t configure the “on release” event of a footswitch currently (that I know of).

Please advise.

CC @DavidPackouz, @JoeInOttawa, @BeatBuddy_Support

2 Likes

@Rob_Fisher

1-6. This spreadsheet is probably what you are looking for: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cNt2v0RL5adPzcpQASpr0PcTM8iEyBzbF6eOaz3j1o/edit#gid=488842810

The accent hits can be your choice of sound as long as those accent hits currently exist in your reservoir of accent hits.

Regarding recreating a page like the accent hit page (which is basically a redirect to another page when the accent hits button is pressed), you would be using the ‘redirect’ function in the app to have the Maestro jump to that page, which can be filled with the accent hits you choose.

1. The MM will be able to connect via Bluetooth in the near future to your iPad (or any other device), but for now it would need to be a wired connection. So if you want it to connect to your iPad, you’d need to have a MIDI-to-USB cable (with a compatible converter for the iPad).

2. The connection should only be MM (OUT) to BB (IN). The MM is supposed to control the BeatBuddy, not the other way around.

3. 1.1.1

4. We are working on fixes. If you are in our beta group (I assume you are if you have the Android app), then you will be receiving an update to the app in the near future, most likely within the next week or two.

5. We estimate that it should be ready mid to late July, if everything goes smoothly from here on out.

6. This is being worked on, we did not release one yet as we are constantly making updates to the app and its interface. Once we are closer to the final version of it, we will have more documentation available. In the mean time, this is a basic tutorial for the app (it may look different than the version you currently have, as this is an early tutorial): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex0p5bo0z35gt87/MM%20APP%20testing.mov?dl=0

You will be able to set separate commands for push and release in an upcoming version of the app, which will be released soon.