Newbie BB/MM/AL question, not sure which sub forum is best

Hello,

I have the BB and was thinking of getting the external footswitch, But then I was thinking that I probably will end up getting the Looper and Midi Maestro,

Q1).Is there any point in getting the foot switch as well? Do you need/use it with the MM or is it redundant?

(I have a generic 3 button footswitch that doesn’t seem to register when I try but that’s a separate discussion).

Q2). What additional connections are needed between the AL and MM? is it just a standard midi 5 pin to 5 pin? ( I know the Midi adapter between the BB and AL ).

Thanks in advance

If you have a generic footswitch it should work with the BB, if the switches are momentary switches and the cable used is a TRS cable. In the menu of the BB is a setting for the footswitch to set it how you want the footswitch to react when pushed. The BB can detect the footswitch, that’s also in the menu.
Even when you get a midi maestro, the external footswitch might come in handy. For vconnecting the MM and AL you need the midi outbreak cable that has one PS2 connectot on the one side and the midi in and midi out on the other side (both normal 5 pin DIN)

Thanks- The footswitch is a 3 button FS3X for the Digitech Trio Plus. The detector mode originally thought it was it is latching, but its not. I tried again Holding the button one down while powering on, and it seemed to detect correctly.

Doesn’t seem to want to let me make a button part advance/back.

Right now button three is 1 + 2 (accent + outro). Interesting.

With the FS3X footswitch, buttons ‘Mode’ and ‘Down’ should work like a two button normally open footswitch. The ‘Up’ (3rd button) may act like the "Mode’ and ‘Down’ button are depressed together at the same time which as you found may give interesting results.

I have BB and MM and I feel that I like to use the MM for a bunch of things:

1. Control BB
  2. Control MobileSheets on iPad
  3. Control HX Stomp

This means I need to use multiple pages. But then I feel like I want to have all the same abilities as the BB external footswitch together with many other things, which quickly becomes complicated :no_mouth:

For that reason I find it simplest to have both external FS and MM :grin:

You can have the FS features only via MM but depending what other things you want during the same song (or between songs) you might need to browse the MM pages more then you’d like :sweat_smile:

Thanks all, I have the FS3X working with the BB, as explained above, Mode - 1 Down 2, Up -Both.
Since I am able to use an existing FS pedal, the question on that is a bit moot.

How do you advance to the next part in a song, there doesn’t seem to be an option to have the external switch do it.

Now

Stopped/playing Main Pedal Button one button two
Stopped Intro fill Song Advance Song Back
Playing Fill adv. Pause/Un pause Outro Fill

Any recommended settings? Currently just home noodling, not playing live with it.

I would like to have a set list of songs that I can scroll through with the different settings (Patterns and BPM) Can I store as song names, Or do I need to remember i.e. blues 1 83 BPM for Song 1, ETC.

Suggested Remote Foot Switch Settings

Export the song. Rename it. Import into your Set folder.