Suggested Remote Foot Switch Settings

UPDATED 1/19/2024

Although many foot switch configurations are possible, these provide new users with a starting point for setting up and using the remote foot switch; this enhances BeatBuddy (BB) pedal functionality with navigation of songs within folders and folders on the pedal. This works with the latest firmware version and you set it using the Footswitch Functions on the pedal.

1. On the BeatBuddy (BB) pedal, press the Drum Set and Tempo buttons and the pedal Settings menu is displayed; (use the arrow keys to navigate and the Tempo or Drum Set buttons to select settings)
  2. Press the down-arrow to Footswitch and press the Tempo button
  3. If you have not done so yet, press the Tempo button and run the Footswitch Detector, following the display prompts
  • 1st switch (left); Switch Stopped > Song Back
  • 1st switch (left); Playing > Pause
  • 2d switch (right); Switch Stopped > Song Advance
  • 2d switch (right); Playing > Outro Fill

How to use the settings

• with a song stopped, press left foot switch once; pedal displays folder mode and each press of the switch Backs or Advances the folder or song
  • press left switch once more (just click it); pedal displays songs within a folder; now you can use the left or right switch to move up or down one song at a time
2 Likes

Does it only work for navigating folders? I don’t really need it for that. I’d like to use it for functions within a song (Stop/Start, move to next section). Can that be configured?

It can move forward and backwards among songs. It cannot move among song parts.

See pages 6 and 33. Really, read the whole thing, but on 6 and 33, you’ll find that you can make the footswitch act as if it were the main pedal.

Thanks. I had read that. But is there a way to set it so that you only have to tap once on the left switch to Stop/Start a song (like you can on the Maestro)?

No. It works like the pedal. Tap to start, double tap to end, hold for transition to next part, etc. You can set one button to function as pedal and the other button to perform the stop function, but you would be using both buttons.

1 Like

Well darn. I guess I have to use the Maestro then. Thanks so much for answering my questions.

THANKYOUVERYMUCH

This is exactly what I needed in order to practice & play gigs!
I lose all my pedal settings each time I export my project from the Mac to my SD card. Is there a work around to keep my settings in the BB?

This forum is invaluable…

There’s a workaround here that involves the PARAMS folder SAVING FOOTSWITCH AND MAIN PEDAL SETTINGS - #8 by eggy

1 Like

After adding (45+)songs already, that pedal settings work around is locked in my brain & was just what I needed so it behaves as I need it to while at the gig. Thanks again.

1 Like

How can I transfer these BB external footswich settings into the external footswich to work in the BB manager?

If you have not read the BeatBuddy (BB) user manual, it’s usually a good place to start.

You can adjust the settings directly on the pedal by pressing and releasing both the Drum Set and the Tempo knobs together. Scroll the menu to the Settings/Foot Switch and that should get you in the ballpark.

You have misunderstood my question. I know how to adjust the settings on the BB itself but these settings do not enter in to the BB Manager in my computer. That is my question. There is a footswish in the BBM but when clicking on its buttons my altered functions from the BB do not function, neiter when BBM is stopped nor when the BBM is playing. Maybe the answer is to be in the forum but I can not find it.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Whatever your remote foot switch settings are, they will not work on the Virtual Machine within the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

Thank you!