Old Man - DOP, OPB & OPBk-strings (UPDATED)

Requires:

• v3 NP Jazz Trio brushes XRp
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)
Includes: 1 song, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Download Here

What this song ever fixed to work correctly?
David

Hi. I posted this song a few years ago and wasn’t aware that there was a problem with it. Can you elaborate?

Thanks

When I imported into BB (1.65) and applied the suggested *.drm kit - it doesn’t sound at all like a song. (I tried to find/apply NP Jazz Trio Brushes XRp (which no longer exists)). So tried other XRp kits - just to see if I could get the song to work, nada. Applied Phil’s update to the NP J.T.B Xrp (NP Jazz Trio Brushes 72-C1? But whatever his updates were to the NP kit) and various others. Same issue. Would love to have a working version of this song.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll work it up to work with some of the newer kits.

I used MUSE application on Windows. Imported the file, removed the two accoustic guitars as I don’t need them. Exported to MIDI (all parts). Imported into BB. Not good. Maybe a better MIDI application?

As I’m not familiar with Muse, it’s hard to say what could be going on and I hesitate to say “get another DAW.” You do have lots of choices though if you decide to do so and it includes Reaper, MIDI Editor, Cakewalk, Ableton and Logic Pro X.

It’s more likely the song version I provided. Many of my older songs were worked up with earlier BBM versions and drum sets.

It’s easier for me to just find a better MIDI source file and retool the song using the newer drum sets.

If you can hang in there another day or two, I’ll post the updated song.

Sounds good, I appreciate the help. Trying to learn to see if I can contribute rather than just consume. Reaper is a better tool (free 60 day trial). Still not where it needs to be.

Other than a dated GUI, not too much wrong with Reaper as it’s the DAW I cut my teeth on. I think almost any good DAW has such a steep learning curve that it’s a bit discouraging at first. There are a couple of Reaper tutorials on this forum that you might find helpful.

Neil Young

Notes:

• Count-in included; I also added pacing beats to cover the absence of drums during the intro beats.
  • What’s updated? Different source file (not included); 2 new versions; adjusted velocities; refreshed cheat sheet.
  • UPDATED 09/07/2022: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

v1 DOP______________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 OPB______________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v4 OPBk-strings______STAX 4 octave piano & strings

Includes: 3 songs and Chords & Lyrics

1842/730
Old Man - Neil Young.zip (23.7 KB)

@coleddaddy

It’s really great. Suggestion if you ever edit it again.
I believe the bass comes in “to early on the Em7” on the first chorus ([Pre chorus] D Am7 Em7 G
DC

1 Like