Percussion and main drums

Hello forum, I would like to include both percussion (congas etc) and standard drums in my main parts of a song either sequentially (Main part 1 with Congos followed by Main Part 2 with main rock beat) or simultaneously (Main part 1 with Congos and Main part 2 with Congos AND rock beat) but I am unable to accomplish either scenario.

If I source good percussion beats, then the default drum set needs to change to percussion for Part 1 and when I find good rock beats, then the default drum set needs to change to Rock or Standard kit which doesn’t seem possible in BBManager.

Neither can I find a 'Drum set" that has both percussion and standard rock/pop kit sounds. I have purchased several add-on’s like ‘World Beats’, ‘3-3-2 beats’ ‘Rock Beats collection’ and ‘World Percussion Plus’ etc but none of these seem to meet my needs out-of-the-box.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks heaps

Hello,

Using two drum kits simultaneously could be achieved by editing the drum set that you are using. For example, if you are using the standard drum kit, you could make a duplicate of that drum kit and import the percussion samples that you want to use to this duplicated drum kit. This way, you could use the Standard Drum Kit and a percussion drum kit at the same time.

If you need assistance with this, please send us an email to support@singularsound.com, and we can help with the technical details. However, please note that this will require manual MIDI editing and editing a custom drum set.

If this option doesn’t work for you, I’d recommend exploring the drum sets in detail to find one that suits your needs.

1 Like

Try one of the Substitute kits: Substitute Standard Pro with Bass kits

Although it includes bass guitar, you can just ignore those notes as you build your beat or song.

1 Like

The Latin drumkit, which is standard on the BeatBuddy, contains most if not all of what you need:
From 36 to 59 you got your standard drums- kick, snare, handclaps, toms, hi-hats, cymbals, etc.
From 60-104 you got your percussion- bongos, quintos, congas, timbales, cabasa, maracas, guiro, clave, tumba, etc.
If you don’t like the sound, you can use BBMO and mix and match. Find the rock kit you like, and the percussion kit you like. Create a new empty drum set in BBMO and import what you need from those kits you like. Just be sure you plan ahead, since once a numbered midi space is taken, you can’t import a sound from another kits that resides in the same space (if bongo and tom are number 62 in both your kits, once you import one of them into place #62 of your new kit, you will need to move that and free #62 again to be able to import the other. But usually this will not be an issue since percussion and traditional drums do not share the same numbers).
Hope this helps.

1 Like