Please be honest - will Beatbuddy Manager ever get updated?

And meet the needs of its customers. NOT

Hi @DavidPackouz ,

Your last post was in Feb… A quarter later … what’s news?

3 Likes

wow seems to work ! Than you !
Singular sound should propose that to customers…

I’m in agreement with most of the sentiments on this forum. I’m still not an owner of the BB mainly due to the negativity about the BBM. I do have BBM installed on PC and have experimented.
With all the suggestions and reference’s to other DAW and editing software one would think it relatively simple to take the approach of one of these apps and apply it to the BBM. In the knowledge that there are tried and tested approaches, would it not be quicker and cost effective to approach one of these organisations to produce the app. Even to the extent it can be an addon to the parent app?
It’s a real shame the hardware is let down by the software.

1 Like

messing with BBM this week i said to my self. why don’t they just have an option to specify the midi editor? it handles bringing in songs and arranging and managing quirky but OK. also why it always asks “can i f up your file” as soon as it loads into its editor.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to use the BeatBuddy Manager

Hey everyone
Did anyone receive this Father’s Day Promotion eMail?
Wow…it says it comes with Extensive editing software
(I own 2 BeatBuddys & use but curse the BBM extensive editing software)

3 Likes

Mark your calendars for July 27 when BBM 1.65 turns 7 years old!!! :grinning:

5 Likes

At the end of the day, I guess the day will come when existing versions of BBM won’t work with new versions of Windows and MACOS. Then the BB for me will pretty much become a brick.

1 Like

MacOS Ventura is already having a lot of trouble to work with BB Manager… you have to do a lot of workarounds to do a basic thing as sync.

I doubt there is any sincere effort to update BBM.

I offered them an entire suite of BBM tools – file manager, song editor, midi editor, playlist editor, project manager, etc. I’d say it was about 80% done, with the remaining work just the dull unexciting details of styling and testing and testing and testing. I’m a developer, and did all this for fun, but software guys know that those last bits of stuff to get things polished for distribution are kinda dull, since they seldom involve actual functionality… Anyway, the idea was that I’d give it all to them and i’d help them finish the details, letting them determine the menial details. They passed. Oh well! It’s all built on information that is now open source, but i haven’t officially licensed my contributions in any way.

Why don’t I finish it? Well, it works well enough for me, and frankly, the BB as a hardware unit is basically obsolete. We could easily put together a MUCH better replacement for the pedal as a simple software program. What can I say… life is short and time is precious, isn’t it? It’s a little frustrating that even after 5-6 years, there is STILL not a pedal or program out there that can do what the BB could have been. Not band in a box, not Trio, etc–trust me i’ve tried them all.

Anyone want to build the ultimate SongBuddy? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the orignal BBM did exactly what it was supposed to do, and it basically still does that. Those of us with dissatisfaction with what BBM does is disappointment in what we hoped we could eventually do with the BB, not with what it was originally intended. It does a great job with that, and the bbm still allows you to customize all that. There are those who saw what it might become, and alas, it just didnt really become that. We all still love the original BB!

1 Like

I would say that with the advent of AI we should see something like that very soon. Not that this software couldn’t be done without AI, but that would be somewhat cool.

this is the real reason they dont contnue bbm dev. a perfectly working free BBM work cause loss of BB sales. as people would have BBM and NAM there on their laptop on stage.

AI should be an option for particular tracks… for example, use this midi beat for the drums on ch 10, use AI for the bass on ch 2, use this midi on ch 6 to communicate with my juno ds to play the keys line, etc, and still have it all controllable live… OPB sucks.

Ventura already has difficulties. Syncing doesn’t work among other things. VERY disappointing.

Very surprised you’re down on OPB (considering that you’re a founding father of it). Some of us just don’t want that much control and are happy to have the option.

Personally, I’d like to see an app. Scrap the pedal, it’s unnecessary at this point. Keep it all 100% software based. It would be s big moneymaker but SS doesn’t have the foresight.

1 Like

I’m curious to know the reasons why? With so many of us screaming over the software it sounds like this could of been a solid option. I’ve seen you mention your software before and I was pretty excited to hear of it but devastated to see it’s not a consideration for them.

I think they didn’t understand really just how much I was offering and how close to finished it actually was…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a shame.

1 Like