Project Import on MacOs is incorrect

Recently purchased a BeatBuddy and I’m struggling through using the buggy BBManager.

A newly imported project is not rendering correctly in the bb manager. Entire groups of songs are missing… then, exporting the project results in missing items on the beat buddy menu.

I’ve attached a screenshot of BBManager after importing the SD card project.

Would someone at Singular Sound please post a detailed blog post with steps to follow and images of how to import a project, add songs and export the project to the SD card for Mac OS (I’m on 11). This seems long overdue.

I’ve worked in software development for 20 years and BB Manager seems like it’s still in beta.

Looks like the normal BB initial content to me. Try this

1 Like

Even the folders like Country and Funk are empty? When I export to the SD there will be no content under those options on the device.

It sounds like you have an incomplete default content project or that it could have been corrupted during the download and/or adding to your bbworkspace folder. Either that, or you used the USB connection method between your pedal and computer (not reliable)—instead, use your computer SD slot reader and if your computer doesn’t have one, it’s money well-spent to buy an external SD card reader/writer (reliable).

I’m assuming that you’ve read the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) Quickstart Guide. If you haven’t, please do so link

Here’s the steps involved in the process to get you up and running. These steps have been posted several times here on the forum. Search is your friend

    • Delete the BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project (see screen shot) from your bbworkspace Projects folder
    • Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.16.12 AM
    • If you have the default content zip file from the Singular Sound, delete it as well
    • Click on the link to download and unzip this file: Download SD Card backup v2.1 It should be 379.3Mb and the extracted folder should be 717.6Mb
    • Place the unlocked zip card in your computer SD slot reader and select all and delete the contents of your SD card; empty the Trash (DO NOT USE DISK UTILITY TO ERASE/FORMAT your SD card)
    • Copy the contents of your unzipped file from your Mac to your SD card; these files and folders should be at the top level of your SD card
    • Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.27.04 AM
    • Launch the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and File - Open Project (navigate to the SD card and press Open)
    • Accept the prompts to save project to your bbworkspace folder as well as the prompts for future synchronization

Please reply with issues or mark my post as Solution.

Thank-you for your response. I have purchased an SD card reader and have been following these directions, but again, the project in BBManager is missing content and exporting this project results in missing beats on the BeatBuddy.

I’ve linked to a video showing what happens on my laptop. I’m starting from the second to last step you provided “Launch the BeatBuddy Manager”.

You can see in the video where initially all the beats are available, and then they disappear.

Please help. I’m also open to doing a screen share. Thanks.

FYI - I have a technical background and have worked in the software industry for 20+ years so I’m hoping that will help us get this resolved more easily.

Your screen video helped.

It appears that your documents are ending up on the iCloud Drive instead of on your hard drive or SSD. This is the screen shot I took of your process
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 2.21.46 PM

Here’s how to correct your situation:

Thank-you for your response.
One problem is that I need my Documents folder to sync to iCloud because there are items I share to other devices.

I’ve tried setting the BBManager Workspace location to a ‘non iCloud’ drive and the problem persists.


[quote=“ddelponte, post:7, topic:22903”]
[/quote] :rofl:

I think I understand why this is happening. Let’s try the following and if this doesn’t work, we can schedule a session where I can remote into your computer.

Repeat the steps from the post 4/7 ab0ve that I’ve renumbered: 1 and 5-9.

I followed the steps as outlined and the problem persists. Saving the projects results in songs/beats being removed from their specific folders.

Sorry. Seems like we’re having more issues than a run-over-dog.

Just sent you a PM.