Renaming playlists causes issues

So I created a few playlists on the BB through the new playlist feature. I then went into BB Loader and renamed the playlists from playlist1, playlist2, to something more descriptive. After disconnecting, one of the two playlists that I renamed disappeared completely off my unit at some point. Unfortunately I can’t tell you which of the two playlists I renamed stayed, but it seems there might me a bug when having and renaming multiple playlists. I can’t tell you if it was right away or after a few syncs to the BB Manager. This is running the latest firmware that was just released.

Update: I was going to recreate my Playlist2 that disappeared and I just discovered when trying to add another song to a playlist, my renamed playlist that disappeared is showing up as a playlist save option, but it still isn’t showing up in the Folder section to access or use. But if I re-add a song to it, then it is available again. So it appears something is happening if you resync to BB manager after renaming a playlist. Weird behavior

Yeah, I’ve experienced serious bugs renaming songs (not just playlists) using the BeatBuddy Loader. I renamed a bunch of songs, exited the Loader, properly disconnected the USB device, and many of the songs returned to their previous names. I, daringly, edited the song names in the CSV files on the SD card using Notepad.

Hey there guys, was this while using the latest live version 1.1.1?

I’ve found that if I rename a folder, song or project but don’t press the Return key upon entering the new name, then the changes are lost upon editing the name field.

If you rename a song or folder and press the Return key after the edit, does it then hold the new name? For example:

1. Rename folder
  • rename folder from Ballad-mini to BALLAD-TEST—then press Return
  1. Rename a song within a folder
  • rename song from Ballad 2 to Ballad 2 TEST
1 Like

I am unsure whether I pressed Enter when edited names weren’t saved in BeatBuddy Loader. I changed a lot of names yesterday and, parallel to your thinking, I did press Enter each time and the names all were saved.

I have also seen a quirk (let’s call it a bug) where editing the name of a song that is also in a playlist doesn’t change the name in the playlist within the Loader. I can’t remember if the name in the playlist is then updated when the Loader is restarted (I suspect it is). In searching the CSV files, it appears the songs in playlists are stored by reference and the name are not stored. I do wish playlists also stored names, because you could then add something like “Ballad 2” to a playlist and rename it “Draw Me Close to You”. As it is, I end up exporting the song (e.g., “Ballad 2”), importing it, changing its name, and adding it to my playlist.