• Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 Standard Pro
  • v2 NP StdPBass 63-91
  • v3 Bosendorfer Jazz Trio 60+C1
  • v4 Motown Piano & Brass

Includes: 4 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Rocket Man - Elton John.zip (101.2 KB)

Disclaimer: Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.

3 Likes

Great song… Nicely done too… Thank you for doing this one… :beers:

For v4 the Motown Piano & Brass sounds a bit wunky, is it just me doing something wrong @Persist?..

I have tried a few other drum kits, like Stax Yamaha Piano and Hi Strings…

Thank you for the feedback. It’s probably not you.

As I listened to the v4 song again, I couldn’t quite relate to the wumpiness that you were hearing. Is it the keys, horns or bass that sound “wumpy”? :grinning:

My hearing tends to get “burned out” after previewing so many different kits in search of the best sounding instruments. This song was a tough one to get a kit that was the right fit. Either the piano did not sound right or when it did, the horns didn’t sound right. So I guess it was a compromise to find something that worked best with what I had. The only other kit that I liked was the STAX Jazz Trio Brushes & Synth Strings. The tradeoff being that the synth strings replace the horns and the upright bass notes seem to decay too quickly.

I think it was on my end after all… I had a Motown kit that had been altered, and hadn’t been renamed… I replaced the kit with the stock Motown kit and it was much better…

Sorry for the confusion… and thanks again for the song… :beers:

1 Like