Samba Pa Ti - DOP, OPB & OPBk

Santana

Notes:

• On v3, start playing on the 4th hit of the HH count-in; on v1 and v2, starts after the 5th hit of the HH. The included MIDI source file is not the one I used for this posting.
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________________Suggested kit

v1 (DOP)_____________________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 (OPB)_____________________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v3 (OPBk)____________________2082 Hammond with Bass 84+C1

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Samba Pa Ti - Santana.zip (59.7 KB)

Ever get the feeling that software development moves at the speed of darkness? :thinking:
@claudeBeatBuddy

Many thanks [persist] for your quick response
The v3 is really exactly what I was looking for, with the 2082 kit it really does.
Without wanting to waste your time,
I would like to cross-reference or rewrite your .sng on the basis of “Samba Pati” as sold by “Singularsound”, with logic Pro, can you explain to me how to do it?

There is no easy way to do what you’re asking. Why not? Because each of the Main Drum Loops in Goran’s rendition of Samba Pa Ti is a loop; for example, Groove 1 is 16 drum notes, Groove 2 is 28 notes and Groove 3 is 54 notes. This means that if you want to use Goran’s drum loops, you’ll have to quite a bit of copying and pasting in Logic Pro.

Although there are other ways of accomplishing this, why not just find and use the MIDI source file for Samba Pa TI in Logic Pro X and Trim the source file into 3 separate sections (similar to Goran’s grooves). By doing it this way, you can audition each of the sections (that will eventually become BeatBuddy (BB) Main Drum Loops). Once you’re satisfied that they sound about right in Logic Pro X, then you can start tweaking the drums, bass and organ to map to the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

Sorry to bother you on a Sunday,
and thank you for your explanatory response.
I will try to export the “.sng” file in Midi, then on LogicPro X cut it into 3 parts (similar to Goran grooves).
the source MIDI file of Samba Pa TI that you provided to me, does not sound (the organ part) as on the Beat buddy. it is maybe because I do not know how to import in the library the “2082 Hammond with bass 84 C1”?
In any case Bravo for your patience.

1 Like

Never a bother.

• Search the forum for the 2082 kit
  • Download and unzip it
  • Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to File - Import Drum set
  • Click on the Drum sets tab and scroll to the bottom of the list of drum sets
  • Check the box next to the 2082 kit
  • Play the song and you should now hear the organ

I did that, on the Beat Buddy no problem, this works perfectly.

it’s when I spend noon on Logic Pro X that the piano part sounds bad.

I understand, for me the source midi file was the one you sent in the .zip file.

Thank you again for all your listening.