SD card erased when trying to Export Project from BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)

Brand new user here. I’ve been able to get the new BeatBuddy firmware updated, BBManager loaded and working on my iMac (using Catalina 10.15.3). I’ve also been able to download a OPB song (Sultans of Swing) from the user section, import into BBManager. The song plays fine in the Manager (minus the Bass - but I assume I’m missing the correct drum kit). But, when I go to File/Export/Project to SD card, I get the prompt to sync later or no (I’ve tried both), I eject the SD card from the Mac and insert back into the pedal and power up. Every time, It shows “No Song”. Putting the card back into the computer, the only files showing are “data” folder and “Desktop.ini”. So I start over, erase files on the card and add the files from the recovery file. Then the card works fine in the pedal, and will load back into BBManager with all the default ‘songs’. I’ve also been able to add a new folder into BBManager (where I am able to import the .sng file). I have carefully read the BBManager user manual and have followed best I can. Being this is my first day working on this, I believe I’m missing something obvious - or maybe not. Suggestions?

Edit: Just tried to export project to SD card without making any changes at all in BBManager - prompted to overwrite (as usual)… I say yes… and same result. data wiped out of the card.

Make sure SD card is not locked.
Have you named any songs with a period?

SD card is confirmed not locked. I’ve not named any song - just imported as is into BBM. The song plays fine in the software, just can’t get export of project to the card to work. deletes the files except the one folder and .ini file as indicated in original post. (thanks for the reply BTW!).

On a different ‘note’, how to I get the drum kit "NP StdBass’ that is apparently needed to play the songs with bass?

What did you name the folder you created?

Open this link for new uses resources and the last bullet has a hyperlink with helpful tips for searching.

New folder was just named Steve (my playing partner). Thanks for the link.

Reading your original post above, there should be no file named data when exporting to the SD card. EDIT: However, there is a data folder for the BeatBuddy (BB) folder icon that is a part of the BeatBuddy_Default_Content_2.0-Project_SD_Card_backup. Here’s a couple of more things to try:

1. Hover over Project Explorer and you should get a tool tip for the path to your project. It should look similar to mine, below.
  2. In the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) Tools > Set Workspace Location and navigate to your project folder within the bbworkspace and select Open. It should look something like mine:
  3. This is the path to my project (folder highlighted in blue)
    ![Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.54.03 PM|470x342]
    (upload://oBUqmiA2EyOm7gRVvPNAIH5N8pM.png)
  4. When you export your project to your SD card, make sure you’ve selected your SD card and that it’s saving at the top level of the card.
  5. If none of this works, I’d recommend you delete the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) from your computer as well as the bbworkspace folder and any other instances where you might have saved your project other than within the bbworkspace.
  6. Download a fresh copy of the BBM and reinstall.
  7. Copy the BeatBuddy_Default_Content_2.0-Project_SD_Card_backup folder to your bbworkspace/user_lib/projects as below
    Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 5.02.09 PM
  8. BBM File > Open Project and navigate to and open the project you just installed.
  9. Try exporting the project to the top level of your card.

Hover over Project Explores shows: /Volumes/NONAME/BeatBuddy Default Content 2.0 - project.bbp

Opening the BBWorkspace folder:

It appears that the project you have open in the BBM is located on your SD card and from your screen shot, I can’t tell if you have a project saved within your bbworkspace folder.

I’m getting ready to send you a PM. You can check your forum inbox in just a couple of minutes.

Follow the instructions at this link and you’ll fix your problem. It worked perfect for me. I had the same issue.