Section of tracks go missing after recording 2nd part and saving

Still looking into it, we are also working on other important tasks, thank you for your patience

Ok thanks. Has any progress been made? Is the cause determined?

Nothing personal here but itā€™s pretty nearly a month now with seemingly no fix to this problem. Iā€™m being patient but itā€™s wearing a little thin. Another question I have is this. Why is the track 1 button on the right? Itā€™s seems that the intention of SS is to always record track 1 first. So, itā€™s a lot more intuitive ( to the western world) to work from left to right.

1 Like

Totally agree. Iā€™m debating selling my unit and finding another solution. this is a major bug that needs to be addressed asap. Iā€™m not feeling a sense of urgency from the communications so far.

@Skip3 @pool I donā€™t know how long youā€™ve had your Aeros but this is SS standard operating procedure. Iā€™ve had mine for almost two years and if not for covid and not many venues for me, Iā€™d have sold mine. I think they have limited resources in the development area but they do keep improving albeit slowly.

This is becoming frustrating. Support tells me that something is coming ā€˜soonā€™ but that is fairly meaningless to be honest. I donā€™t know what has been done - has the problem been identified and therefore resolved? What is the time line for issuing the fix? Please - this is not a nice to have - its a pretty major flaw in the code.
Thanks

1 Like

Hey again,

many apologies for the time spent back and forth, we looked into the metafile using the song folder you sent us.

We have not been able to completely understand how, but we know that the song you sent us was corrupted and will not playback/record correctly in the state it is in, and that this is not a state that is revertable and (so far) we cannot successfully de-corrupt it. It is likely best to completely delete the song from your Aeros (while another song is open, delete the song from the songs list) and to not try to continue recording to it.

Any other song you create should not have this issue, if you do see this happen again, itā€™s possible there is an issue with your SD card, however, we cannot account for 3rd party issues that may come from certain cards. This is only an assumption, we cannot say with certainty this is the cause.

We understand this is bad news, but from what we can see this is a very unlikely thing to happen, and cannot be easily reproduced, if at all.

Nevertheless, we do apologize that this did happen, digital products can run into issues intermittently or possibly only one time ever. We did take the opportunity to also check for potential weak points and are going to remain vigilant but the state it is in it could be an amalgamation of many issues since we were not there to understand how the song got to this point, but following your steps, we were not able to reproduce it.

Thank you for all your input and your data, it will hopefully lead us to stronger protection from this in the future.

Hello again, you have not sent any video/audio/song files for us to look into the issue you are reporting. I cannot say with certainty that you are experiencing the same issue without more evidence.

If you would like further assistance on this issue, we will need more details and evidence of whatā€™s happening to first verify if it is the same issue reported here or a different issue entirely and then look into your case to see if thereā€™s something we can do.

If you have any other comments or questions you are free to forward them to support@singularsound.com.

We will continue to be vigilant but without reproducible steps, we cannot fix it. This issue should only be present using the song in question, if you notice this on another song you can let us know.

Thank you for your patience, your feedback, and your reporting.

I donā€™t understand this response. I made a whole new song and sent it to you. I also sent you the process that creates this issue. It happens for me every time I record and try to re do track 1 after recording track 2. It has nothing to do with the SD card or the song being corrupted. You can see this from the first video I sent you. You must be able to re create this your self. If you canā€™t then my machine must be faulty. Have you or someone else in the dev team followed my process? This is an expensive piece of equipment that has a major flaw and it seems that you are telling me that nothing can be done?

Unfortunately the steps you provided did not cause the issue, this does not imply anything other than it is probably caused by something more specific than what was reported.

Could you please clarify, does this issue happen when you open any other song or create new ones by pressing the plus sign in the loop studio or in the songs list?

The issue is only with the song file itself, and it is not reproducible or being seen by any other customers. We canā€™t hunt something elusive forever but we will be on the lookout.

Please let us know if there is another song with the same issue. Note, just clearing the song (by holding play stop all) will not fix it, the song file itself has been corrupted, you should not use this file anymore anything you record onto it will also become corrupted.

We do see the issue with the song, the thing we donā€™t know yet is how it got to this point. Your steps likely are related but there may have been another factor (or several) involved.

Let us know thanks

Ok first up. I always delete the song entirely and start a new song. And I can pretty easily re produce the problemā€¦
None the less maybe the problem is this:
I had been recording by using the MM to start a new song - say 2 x 2. CC34. I would record - say two tracks on part one and then save the song and name it. Or I may even do some of part two before doing a save. Point being that I havenā€™t saved the song before I start recording.
Now I did try quite a few new songs as tests by pressing the + button - and naming and then saving the song before doing any recording. And so far I havenā€™t encountered this problem.
Something else that just occurred to me is that I had always assumed that once I set the tempo on BB the Aeros would pick that up it self. OR do I need to set the tempo in the Aeros prior to saving and before I start to record?
Does any of this make sense as a possible cause for this problem?

If the BB and Aeros are MIDI-linked, and MIDI sync is on, then you should only have to set the tempo on the BB and it should update and match on the Aeros. But you have to do that prior to saving and recording the songā€¦you canā€™t change the tempo after recording (for now at least :wink: ).

Just making sure you got my previous message.

Hello again,

I just want to make sure that you are not just clearing the song, and you are actually deleting the song file.

Here is a video of how to clear a song, this does not delete the corrupted file:

Here is a video of how to delete a song file, this is what you need to do to get rid of the file and no longer be able to use it. Please note you must open another song to do this, the current open song file cannot be deleted:

Can you please confirm that you are deleting the song file and not clearing the song?

Thanks

I can confirm that I am fully aware of how to delete the song. I do it the way the video shows ie by using the delete function on the screen.

Ok, you had not yet mentioned using CC34, maybe this is the key, are you using the default modes to send this or did you recreate the behavior in a custom mode?

If there is a reproducible bug it is likely due to this factor

One possibility that may be is that the Aeros is recreating the same bug because it follows the setup of that last saved song settings. Itā€™s possible this is why you are able to reproduce it regularly. To check you could try creating a new 2x2 song using the + sign, record anything, save it, and then use CC34 value 0 (available in the Aeros default mode). This would no longer use the corrupted song settings.

I have asked the developers to look into what could potentially cause the corrupted state if using the CC command.

Otherwise, it could possibly be just the CC34 command or even a miswriting of the command into the app.

Thanks for the info! If you are able to reproduce it and have other songs with this issue, you are free to send them over to us, they may help us find out more about this bug if it is reproducible and how.

We will try to get back soon, let me know!

I use cc34 in my own custom mode. I am pretty sure I Have already done as you suggested while trying different options of creating songs. So itā€™s more likely to be the cc34 command itself. Are you saying then that my question about the saving process isnā€™t relevant?

Not totally sure yet, would you be able to check if this still happens when you use the New 2x2 command in the Aeros default mode on your MM?

If youā€™d like, you can also try to create a new CC:34 value 0 command from scratch and add that to your cutom mode and then write it to the MM. There are issues with commands that have been downloaded from the online library if they were made on a different type of device or on a previous app version.

It could be that the one you are sending from the MM is corrupted via this process, or possibly has a mistake in the app.

We have many users that use this command regularly, and so far it has not come up otherwise, though we will hunt a bit, if we cannot reproduce the issue we wonā€™t be able to fix it. It would be good to know if the MM is possibly sending something that could cause unexpected outcomes.

Thanks for your patience hopefully we are close to an answer here.

Fwiw, I donā€™t use any midi or cc functions.

I agree. I didnā€™t send files or videos but I did explain the steps to reproduce my workflow.

There are various factors involved in the analysis of the issue we are discussing on this thread. The report from Skip3 is the only verified report I have of this specific bug that we have confirmed internally. In order to ensure you have the same core issue, I would really need your song folder from your SD to verify that the song is in the same corrupted state. If you can, a video of the behavior you are experiencing would also be useful.

I understand it is a bit frustrating to have to do this, but if you would like assistance on this matter that will require you to fulfill my request, otherwise I will not be able to further assist you on the matter. I want to make 100% sure that I am investigating your specific problem.

Thank you for your patience

Im in the process of re writing my whole custom mode using my own commands - as yes most of it had been done from the on line commands. Ill see how that goes and get back to you.