See the BPM in Meta File

Hi there,

I have a small feature request. I have no issue with the process of getting the loops off the Aeros and reassembling everything in my DAW…EXCEPT it would be really nice if the .meta file that accompanies every song on the Aeros contained more useful info, especially BPM and time signature. Right now I have to keep all the BPM info for each track in a notebook…requires a lot more legwork to set up the grid on my computer. Could we get BPM and maybe time sig in the .meta file to ease the transition into DAW?

Kindly,
Elliot

1 Like

Hey there,

The time sig and BPM can be found in the meta file!

Adding a note to the song in the Songs List will also show the note’s text on the meta file

Please make sure you are on the latest version 5.1.1 or try out beta 5.2.0

Thanks for the your inquiry!

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for getting back to me. The meta file only shows up for me as a Notepad file, like this, with the track and file names legible and lots of symbols.

My DAW is Reaper. What client or program is that a screenshot of? Or I guess my real question is…how do I harvest the bpm out of the meta file once I have it on my computer?

So in other words…the BPM and time sig are not legible in the meta file for the average user…?

We use this app to read it, not sure why Notepad doesn’t read it
ProtoBufEditor download | SourceForge.net

1. Download: ProtoBufEditor
  2. Make sure you have the Java SDK installed by: sudo apt-get install openjdk-11-jre
    a. It doesn’t need to be version 11, any version should work
  3. Install protoc on your machine by: sudo apt-get install protobuf-compiler
  4. Unzip the protobuf file to give you a .jar file
  5. Right click the .jar you just unzipped and click: Open With OpenJDK Java 11 Runtime
  6. Run through the installer (very simple setup)

image-20221103-184636

Using:

1. Navigate to where you installed the RecordEdit folder (default is \Home\RecordEdit\ProtoBuf\lib)
  2. Open a terminal in that window and run the runEditor.sh
  3. That will bring up a window that looks similar to this:
  4. Open image-20221103-185136.png

For “File”, navigate to any song that you want to look at and open that .meta file there
5. Match all the other settings as they look here (once you do it once, they should all keep except for the file)
6. Click Edit
7. You shouldn’t see any errors and a window that looks like this should pop up:
8. Open image-20221103-185338.png

That displays all the meta data that lives within that file.
9. Done!

1 Like

In essence, not made for humans really no, we can consider what you’re mentioning, have you tried writing notes into the Aeros and checking if they show up on notepad?