Simple Beats Needed, and what's up with "Unable to Load Song"?

First off, is there a simple beat anywhere that is similar to a rhythm you would make with a shaker or Tamberine? Think about the opening part for Slide by Goo Goo Dolls.

Second, my BB manager is acting up again. Now I can’t play Blues or Brushes Beats. WHY? I didn’t even touch those files. I really want to work on this thing, but every time I do there’s a problem. Here’s the error message: “Unable to load song D:BeatBuddy_Default_Content_2.0-Project_SD_Card_backup/SONGS/165dA150/07E0BFAA.BBS or it’s Accent Hit”

Getting pretty frustrated with this.

Thanks,
Matt

1. Can’t help you with the first request but if you search the forum, you might be able to come up with something or perhaps another user will chime in to help.

2. Based on your error message Unable to load song D:BeatBuddy_Default_Content_2.0-Project_SD_Card_backup/SONGS/165dA150/07E0BFAA.BBS or it’s Accent Hit, it appears that your project is not within your bbworkspace folder. Here’s what I suggest you try:

• quit the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)
  • if you have any other instances of bbworkspace foldesr or project folders on your computer, delete them
  • delete the contents from your SD card and empty the Recycle Bin
  • download and unzip Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder and copy the folder to your user/Documents folder
  • launch the BBM and File - Open Project, navigate to your new bbworkspace folder, Select the BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project file and press Open. Here’s an example of the path to the project file user/documents/default_lib/projects/BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project.bbp
  • accept any prompts for using this new path
  • the steps above provide you with a fresh project with the default content. You should now create a new user project and you can do so by using the BBM - File - Save Project As and when prompted, give it a new name and save it to your user_lib/projects folder. An example of the end result is ser/documents/user_lib/projects/*NEW PROJECT NAME.bbp
  • use the BBM to Export this project to your SD card and test it in your pedal
1 Like

In repsonse to #1,

I found just the song using our song matcher tool!

You can always add the intro to your specification using the BBM and your own MIDI file.

Hi there,

I just deleted everything from the card and re downloaded the software. Seemed to work, hoping I don’t lose it again.

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

Hey Brennan,

Thanks for searching. I found the song on the matcher tool as well, but that first part really needs to be a consistent tambourine like hit. I’ll look up some videos on creating my own MIDI file - just kinda bummed something simple like that isn’t included.

Thanks,
Matt

@Matthewparisi
I created some simple beats quite a while back, you can find it here: Simple Beats 1.1 - A small collection of very simple beats

1 Like

And sometimes it could be as easy as using the forum Search function to find what you need: https://forum.singularsound.com/search?q=Simple%20beats

1 Like