SINGULAR SOUND AEROS Looper. Wait -- WHAT?!

I disagree. While I certainly understand your point, if you are an individual musician who is looping with multiple instruments, you can place a small mixer in front of the looper to handle your keys, guitar and bass, on the output side of the Aeros, you go to the main mixer. Your guitar signal can be post amp into your front end mixer, or you can run any of the myriad of digital amp sims.

Now, if the Aeros had some kind of digital out that allowed for separation of all six tracks, that would be cool.

I think the separation of all six tracks would solve a LOT of issues. While I would like a multitude of routable physical outputs, separating these into routable digital streams would work too. For example, if the Aeros could output 6 channels over ADAT, then some signals could be sent out the existing Aeros ports (e.g. to a guitar amp) and other parts could be sent over ADAT to an audio interface where it can be routed, processed etc.

Again, if this was a cheaper to mid-priced pedal, then this wouldnā€™t be as important. But for the $$ involved here, including the processing capability that is already available, this pedal wants to be a workstation. There needs to be a more sophisticated way to interface all these loops with the outside world. While a mixer or whatever is always possible and not that hard for input to the Aeros, a stereo pair of 1/4" jacks for outputs is just not enough.

For what itā€™s worth - when exporting songs, the tracks are sent as separate wav forms for post processing, mastering, and such.

We contemplated additional inputs, but to keep the form factor small we felt the 2 in/out plus stereo aux in/out was going to cover 90% of use cases.

We could definitely follow up with a larger model that contains more I/O if there is enough demand for that.

1 Like

No, I want a smaller version ā€“ and itā€™s all about ME!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy:

The two inputs is likely not a deal breaker, although I could see the need for more. Itā€™s really the additional outputs that are what I think are missing.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I play in a duo (150 times a year or so) with a Boomerang Looper and when I am mixing ā€œfrom the stageā€ it is less of a problem that there are only 2 outputs. It also seems the Aeros has the ability to mix in the box with the scroll wheel. Although, in practice, while playing a tune no one wants to be fixated on the looper, it needs to be quick and easy. With that said, where I run into trouble is when someone else mixes for us. Because I use an octave pedal for bass, a Key9 for organ etc sounds, I can have up to 4 parts going at once in the looper. Because they all go through 2 outputs, it is impossible for the sound guy to mix individual parts. Even in the case where I am mixing as we play, it would be super nice to be able to control individual outputs via a mixer.

This is not a dig at Aeros BTWā€¦it looks very, very interesting. I also understand their approach of using the scroll wheel to control volumeā€¦although as I mentionedā€¦it needs to be quick and easyā€¦no menu diving or tons of button presses to volume control a track.

Anyway, I agree with your point. :smile:

I too use the Boomerang and I always set my level as I record so I donā€™t have to worry about mixing anything. I have learned how things accumulate volume-wise as I lay parts down and pay much attention to levels as I record the parts.
The level control on the Aeros is reminiscent of the Wholly Roller available for the Boomerang. David has taken stock of all the loopers and controllers and melded them into the Aeros. I was the second person to order the Aeros so Iā€™ll have one of the first 100 in about three weeks. Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

@RickTheStick, yes, of course we do a good job of managing input levels tooā€¦it is just for ease of change / flexibility. With that said, none of it is deal breaker stuff, just wish list. #2 on the looper buy list? Nice, I hope you post some reviews etcā€¦I watched a few of your youtube videos and although we play different styles of music our layering / multi-loop parts are similar. I would be quite curious of your opinion once you have it for bit.

You do an excellent job! Anyone getting into looping should watch a few of your videosā€¦lots of valuable information in there. Nice guitar work too :slight_smile: !

1 Like

@User_Name. I believe that the second set of 1/4" in & out may help you. Effectively youā€™ll have 4 separate channels. (if panned) Iā€™m not sure on that. There would have to be some sort of internal routing available and we just donā€™t have enough information yet. David is in the process of writing the manual for both the Aeros and the MIDI Maestro now. Hopefully weā€™ll have the ā€˜big pictureā€™ soon.

Thanks for the kind words. Iā€™ve been looping for almost three years now and am constantly working on new tunes and ideas. One aspect that excites me is that the Aeros probably will support odd times which the Rang will not. Itā€™s my understanding that the BeatBuddy will dictate time signature and tempo for the Aeros. I sure hope that is the case!

1 Like

Whoa! Big price point. I still want one. ItŹ»ll pay for itself after a few gigs IŹ»m hoping. Got to inventory my stuff on what I donŹ»t need and can sell off. Eventually, IŹ»ll have enough. Hey, if you want a Mercedes, donŹ»t expect the price of a Honda huh?

1 Like

A bit more info on the built in mixer and itā€™s functionality can be found in this video.

Hoping to get more materials out there for yā€™all this week. Loving the discussion here. Thereā€™s so much that can be done in firmware updates, and even if something canā€™t be done in a firmware update (such as changing input/output quantity and type) itā€™s great to hear your wishlist items as we can always include it in another version of the Looper. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the continuing list of wishful thinking :blush: . . .
Basic:
Can a part or track be duplicated?

More wishing:  
Can a part from a track (i.e. part 1 track 1)
Be copied to a part in another track (i.e. part 3 track 3)
1 Like

It can. On a Mac, hold hold the Option key and drag the part you want to copy to its intended location and save. Similar process for the PCā€”using, I think, the Alt key.

1 Like

ā€¦and (assuming you mean in BBM) on a PC, hover over the part you want to copy and hit CTRL-C, then hover over the place you want to paste the part and hit CTRL-V.

Hoping to see the interaction between BeatBuddy and Aeros this week :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, is Midi Maestro able to connect to Aeros wirelessly (bluetooth or something?). That will save some cables and Midi Through/Merge Boxes

Was browsing Singulars ā€˜Aeros Loop Studioā€™ sale page. A couple of questionsā€¦

• There is a purchase option ā€˜With Preamp and XLR to 1/4" (6.35mm) cableā€™. There is no mention that I can find what the preamp is. Is it a Singular Sound designed/built unit or by some other manufacturer? Will it provide 48v phantom and does it have any features such as hi-pass, pad, or phase? How is it powered?
    aeros%20preamp%20v2

• In the FAQ at the bottom of the pageā€¦

Does the Aeros have balanced TRS 1/4" inputs to accommodate the balanced connection of a pro grade lo-z dynamic mic or preamp output or do you need to use an XLR to 1/4" TS impedance matching transformer adapter to facilitate the connection in the case of an XLR mic? Assuming inputs are hi-z for instruments(?)

• Is there a manual available for the Aeros yet even if itā€™s a preliminary draft?

1 Like

Left it ambiguous as I was testing different models to see which weā€™d end up using., Weā€™ve now selected one which we think is a great balance between size and capability.

https://rolls.com/product/MP13

Additionally, while we theoretically could make our own preamp in the future, itā€™s not on our development roadmap.

Hey, I am sure you guys are awareā€¦Boss announced a new looper with the drum machine in one box (Boss RC-10R).

My reason for mentioning it is it would be fantastic if you guys could do the same(a single box with the BB and Aeros)ā€¦not everyone would dig itā€¦but for me personally it would rock ( it is all about me after all :smile: ) Smaller footprint than having a both a beat buddy and Aeros looperā€¦they would play nice togetherā€¦one can dream right?

Anyway, as you wereā€¦

2 Likes

No, sir. Itā€™s all about ME.

:slight_smile:

1 Like