SINGULAR SOUND AEROS Looper. Wait -- WHAT?!

Sigh that’s too bad - that’s really expensive and has a lot of features. As a hobbyist I just want a looper that syncs. Cheap, capable loopers are out there, I’m surprised that it’s not easier to toss midi sync functionality into them. Maybe I’ll grow super powers and hack my existing looper. Can’t be too hard, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Anthony…
Sometime while you’re testing the AEROS Looper, give it a try outside in sun light and see if the touch screen is readable. I’m on a Yamaha keyboard forum and one of the complaints about a couple of newer Yamaha keyboards with touch display screens is that while performing outside the touch screen can become washed out and pretty much unreadable if not shaded in some way. It could be the type of screen Yamaha is using. I’m guessing a good number of players here do outdoor gigs and if an essential part of a pedal can’t be seen easily it could be problematic.

3 Likes

Well, i am sure you are going to make an outstanding product. I know this because The Beat Buddy is a awesome piece of gear that I have probablly sold a dozen just from folks seeing mine in action and what it does, esp, along with using OnSong and midi that works killer together.
Can you store loops on the New Looper? Will the looper be able to be updated with new software?
i really do Love the products you folks put out

1 Like

Yes, over the air updates will be a possibility and loop storage will be a thing. More details will be available to those on the waitlist soon. https://singularsound.com/aeros-loop-studio-our-new-looper-pedal

I would agree with this statement as a good example those of us who couldnt afford a Line 6 Helix effects processor and had to settle for a Line 6 Firehawk FX which uses an app to change the effects parameters and load them on the unit. Not road/stage/pro worthy for sure compared to the more expensive unit. of course many started to complain the bluetooth connection kept crapping out / losing connection and now may regret not saving up for the real deal and many just gave up and sold ther Firehawks.

1 Like

SO TRUE!! I was playing outside on my YamaKey (Yamaha Keyboard) and couldn’t read the LCD screen!!! I was so flustered. It wasn’t even that sunny out. I have since made a mini LCD shade cover for that next outdoor event. Hope it works!!

Well, I just have to say it, since new products tend to be fawned over… This thing is horrendously expensive, and zero chance I will ever buy it. I am a little confused here. I thought that Singular Sound kinda got that there are quite a few Beat Buddy users who are bedroom type practicers. And it seems like this part of their customer base is just being left totally in the cold here. People have been anxiously awaiting the r3lease of a Beat Buddy capable pedal from Singular Sound, so they would not have to buy a $350.00 Pigtronix… So Singular Sound offers a… $600.00 pedal???

Gee, thanks. I just don’t know what to say, here. I think I and a lot of other Singular Sound customers are disappointed that the company decided to go with such an unaffordable option.

Shortbusruss

3 Likes

I think you may be underestimating the market here. If this is as good and capable as they claim, it will be competing with much larger, much more expensive devices that don’t offer the same functionality.

I think you may also be underestimating the audience: You are going to see this pedal going to a lot of people who don’t own a Beat Buddy – there’s quite a buzz around this that is going to introduce SS to a lot of new people (so I hope they got it right!).

All that said, though, I’d love to see an Aeros Mini at a substantially-reduced price.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. And I feel it indicates a little bit of tone deafness to send out an email saying “help me fix my jeep” (a joke), combined with marketing for a $600.00 device. Well, I certainly do HOPE they’d be able to fix their vehicle, selling such an expensive device.
O well… I guess us bedroom Beat Buddy users will have to wait another 5-10 years to get a midi capable single stomp box looper pedal. Which I would have paid up to around $350.00 for.

I may end up unsubscribing from marketing emails, if there are too many jokes about this looper. I mean, I totally get it, and Singular Sound has a right to put out whatever product they liked, but it seems to me that the success of the Jamman loopers might have indicated a profitable market segment to target to build up the bank account, and then follow up with a big brother Aeros to take over professional sector.

I am severely, severwly disappointed Singular has no smaller option.

1 Like

I was expecting less as well, but, hey, if you’re gonna get into the market, be the 800-pound gorilla in the market. You can add monkeys later (which I think is what you and I are both hoping for).
:slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing I feel that is not being factored in here, is how much it costs us to produce the Aeros. Our looper packs a ton of expensive hardware into a small form factor. Without boring you of the technical details, a lot of the components inside are quite expensive.

You hit the nail on the head with this one Joe.

In general, our intent is never to make just another product. Our intent is always to push the boundaries and make the best offering in a market segment. When we released the BeatBuddy, it changed the way people saw drum machines. We followed that up with a MINI that was more affordable at the cost of some of the features at a later date.

When building the looper, we set out to once again redefine what people thought loopers could do. This is why we made the Aeros, it takes loopers and adds never before seen capabilities and features. It blurs the lines between loopers and DAWs.

To wrap up my post, I want to thank both of you for the feedback, I’ll definitely share the desire for a more affordable, mini version with David and the rest of the team. I hope my response at least helps you see where we’re coming from though.

2 Likes

The price was higher than I expected it to be, particularly that first $770 teaser list price. The current offering price is, I believe, reasonable given the feature set. Couple that with the fact that my Infinity will soon be up for sale, and it’s a downright bargain.

2 Likes

It does – for me, at least. I am looking forward to seeing video reviews and demos that show us how it integrates with the Beat Buddy. But I also sincerely believe this is not a Beat Buddy-only device. I believe this will introduce a whole new group of people to Singular.

Because I love you guys, but you’re not getting rich off of just one “me…”

2 Likes

That’s our belief/hope too! :slight_smile:

:+1:

Good to hear that. I have a few questions regarding syncing experience

• will it be able to store different beatbuddy settings per loop? I’m thinking: bb rhythm, bb drums, bb volume, bb tempo for every loop

• will it be able to scan bbuddy folders and drums names? In quantiloop I’m selecting folder 7 song 4 for Rhythm Blues 4 (random example). I hope that in Aeros i will be able to see the proper song name when selecting bb rhythm rather than cc’s for specific song. Or drums. Who knows which drumset is #23? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• will it be able to autosend fills at specific times (every x bars).

• different tempo per part?

• what’s the use of midi maestro in a bbuddy-aeros-maestro combo?

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

This would be implemented with our autopilot functionality. We’re currently investigating a fix for an issue with the update that will implement this on the BeatBuddy Manager side (already implemented in the pedal as of the most recent update). Once we fix that, it’ll be good to go.

Honestly, the capabilities of the two are far reaching and we’ve been so busy wrapping up development and getting manufacturing going on each that we haven’t had a chance to flush out how the Maestro would fit in to the mix.

A few thoughts off the cuff are using the Maestro as a dedicated button for each song part or track (currently you scroll through them to select) or dedicated muting switches for each of the tracks. In order to cut down on size, the Aeros includes some hold and double tap commands, and the Maestro could be set up to replace these commands with a single tap in general.

But, some of the best ideas for integrating the BeatBuddy and Maestro came from you guys, and it’ll likely be the same for the Maestro, Aeros, BeatBuddy combo too.

Not in the current build, but possible, yes.

Theoretically? But not something we’ve planned on introducing at the current time, though if enough people ask we think it can be done.

Some of this is a yes, but in general the answer to this is a no. Currently, the BeatBuddy serves as the master, so tempo is set by the BeatBuddy not the other way around.

1 Like

At least for drums it would be ok, even if it means to manually write the names in a text file. As a QL user with lots of drum sets, this tends to get frustrating.

What if I record a loop using blues 1 at 75? Next time I recall the loop will it have 75 tempo or bbuddy’s default for Blues 1?

Another question :slight_smile:
Will Aeros accept midi commands from other MIDI pedals except Maestro?

The idea of the Aeros is a really good one. This is a lot more than a looper pedal and more of a (DAW replacement) workstation. Making this a “slave only” oriented device (and slaved to a Beatbuddy) misses a lot of potential. This should have different modes where it could be a slave (to a Beatbuddy) but also a programabke master.

The biggest issue I have with this is a lack of outputs. 6 parts per loop is awesome! But what if one of those parts is a keyboard (or synth) and another part is a bass? Of course there will be some guitar parts also. This isn’t really usable though if all the parts need to go-to the same output. At a minimum, there needs to be at least 4 outputs: a stereo pair for a guitar amp and a stereo pair for the PA. Probably a third “AUX” pair as well.

And of course each of the tracks needs to be routable to the selected outputs. Without this, it’s a LOT of capabiliy that is just too hard to use. If one wants to have 6 parts, one is probably better off just buying a few looper pedals that can actually be routed properly.

2 Likes

Oppss