SINGULAR SOUND AEROS Looper. Wait -- WHAT?!

I am a 100% hobbyist/bedroom guitar player and have no intent to play in front of anyone. I barely have time to play guitar so useage is very low as well hence why I need something in the $200-300 range at most that syncs with the Beat Buddy.
I understand what category the Aeros fits into but I am not the intended user, as I had hoped.

1 Like

There always the used market just be patient

1 Like

I just discovered the existence of this new looper.

I currently use a Boomerang III with a Beat Buddy (which is a great combo) but OMG this thing looks incredible.

Order placed. Excited!

1 Like

Iā€™ll buy it when it drops on AMS. I do a payment plan thing with them. Once a year I buy a handful of goodies from them once I pay off the previous yearā€™s bill. Thatā€™s how I got my BestBuddy.

2 Likes

Just as some feedback to the SS guys, the product documentation really needs to be made accessible. For example, here is the documentation for the EHX cadilac looper that is prominently accessible from the product home page: https://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/95000.pdf

Also note the detailed (6 pages) covering MIDI sync and control.

Personally, I would like this 95000 to have an additional set of stereo output. But the documentation is very clear on how to use the monitor out as well as how to use the main outputs as either stereo or dual-mono routed outputs. From looking at the Aeros webpage, I dont believe this type of dual mono routing is possible. But then again, I have no idea because I cannot find the documentation. SS has already chimed in that they want to go after the top spot in this market. This isnā€™t possible without solid documentation.

Also another HUGE difference is that the EHX can act as the tempo master or slave. Its reasonable to me that one would want this flexibility. I cannot understand why the Aeros is designed to be a slave to the Beatbuddy. It seems pretty obvious that in most cases one would want this the other way around.

1 Like

You are right. We need documentation. Itā€™s something weā€™re actively working on.

I just wanted to chime in however and make 1 quick correction: Aeros can act as both master and slave.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. From the product site:

Does the Aeros generate or lock to midi time code (MTC)? What about midi clock?

The looper has been designed to sync and to lock to and generate a MIDI clock signal, as well as follow and generate start and stop commands. Additionally it will change song parts when it receives a transition command from the BeatBuddy, and we are publishing a video about MIDI sync with the BB very soon, stay tuned.

So the MIDI clock can be the master or slave clock. But the Beatbuddy is always the master when it comes to operation. There should be an option where the Aeros is the master and tells the Beatbuddy what to do (e.g. its tempo, when to transition, which part to play, etc.)

Hmmm, the site is incorrect, Iā€™ll go about editing the site to reflect this tomorrow (currently dealing with my son at the doctor). The Aeros can also tell the BeatBuddy when to transition and what part to play, as well as control its tempo.

The only thing right now that I know the Aeros canā€™t do is tell BB to add fills. But, when David gets back from overseeing production in China, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be able to chime in with more detailed information on the capabilities.

2 Likes

@AnthonySostre . Awesome. Thanks!!

If a fill was wanted, wouldnā€™t we just tap the BBā€™s pedal without affecting the loop?

I wouldnā€™t have minded a cheaper, simpler Aeros but I think itā€™s a fantastic idea and have enough disposable income to wear the price. Signed up for the second batch. I will most likely be selling a boomerang phrase sampler when it arrives which makes it less painful. I hope itā€™s as good as it promises. Really I only use my boomerang integrated with my BB for ad hoc tracks. I only use the basic recording facility (not reverse or octave or anything) so that ability plus recording ticks all my boxes.

Yeah same hereā€¦I use a Boomerang as well. Although the interface is pretty on the Aeros, it is all about functionality. The Boomerang just worksā€¦period. It doesnā€™t have a fancy interface at allā€¦but then again playing live I try not to spend my time staring at my pedals. With that said, the proof will be in the pudding for sure. The Beatbuddy is the gorilla in the room, nothing comes closeā€¦hopefully the Aeros will be the same. Dying to hear some feedback from actual users of the Aerosā€¦from a live standpoint. We are getting soooooo close.

Iā€™m hoping that Singular does a catch up batch to address the ones they couldnā€™t do due to the typhoon and mine manages to get done then. I think I was in the first ten of the second batch so I just missed out.

I am already waiting for my Aeros and I canā€™t wait to start playing with it!

I want to start a new project where my idea is to perform solo and create the songs from scratch live (no pre-recorded drums, no MIDI), so I needed something really flexible that allows me to record parts A and B, come back to any of them, add layres etc. I couldnā€™t find anyhthing so flexible in the standard looper market, and digging in the web I found Aeros. It is pricey for me too, specially since I am new to the looper world and do not know if this project will finally have any development at all, but I think this was by far my best option, so I took risk (and honestly I feel I will not regret).

I have spent some time these days trying to figure out how can I organize my ideas playing live, and there is a doubt I have about how Aeros works. I know you can switch between parts A and B, and the video of 6x6 playing shows that point clearly, but what is not 100% clear to me is if you can leave a track playing part A indefinitely and use track 2 (for example) to move between parts A and B of a bass line.

In other words: when you switch to part B is it mandatory to do so for all the loops that are playing or can you keep part A of any of them while switching to part B in the other(s)? Is the latter an option?

If you have an iPad and an external sound interface, you should take a look at quantiloop, until weā€™ll know more about aeros. It can be programmed to behave as you suggested.

1 Like

Thanks Dan! I appreciate your advice, I am new to this world and I have a lo to discover. Iā€™ll try to keep it simple and restrict it to my bass, the keys/drumpad and the looper (and some pedal effects) but I will keep it in mind (and start doing some research of course!).

It would be good that Aeros allows to do what I mention, otherwise I think I can manage to do it just muting some parts etc. for the moment.

Any updates on when Batch 2 Aeros Loopers will ship?

1 Like

You will be able to ā€˜lock tracksā€™ to prevent them from switching between song parts. We are releasing the Quickstart Guide soon and the full manual shortly after, which will give all the details.

2 Likes

The current schedule is to complete the 2nd batch production by the end of the month and ship out early next month.

3 Likes

I have 3 dedicated looper pedals 2 Boss, 1 Digitech and 4 multi effects pedals with loopers and they all fall short of providing the looping experience I desire. Now the Aeros looper with 6 tracks. Overkill ? and the price. I have a TC Helicon VL3X and have to say for the price ( which is about the same as the Aeros ) it smokes anything on the market. What it does for vocals and guitar is amazing and it has pretty powerful looping and backing track functionality as well ( it would be the perfect pedal if it had a few more midi cc command options for looper control as it does sync pretty well with the BB ) That said , is there anyway of putting out a looper with less tracks, that plays nice with the BB (with perfect BB sync capabilities ) for about half the price. For allot of us that is all we need in a looper. The Aeros looks like a great product but is way over kill in terms of functionality and price for many users. For the most part, like I said a simple 2 track looper with 5-6 min looping time per track with perfect midi sync to the BB to record, start , stop, undo, redo, pause , resume , clear. Maybe something for your engineers to think about, itā€™s kind of like the BB mini ā€¦? Aeros mini :slight_smile:

1 Like