Solo function of tracks like mute?

solo would be cool, what do other users think, I guess you could mute everything you don’t want and still be in time if you are quick so not necessarily a problem

1 Like

Solo is available, by midi at least. However, un-solo un-mutes all tracks instead of just un-soloing the selected track; so you can’t ‘solo’ more than one track as you might in a DAW.

Yes that is correct, solo is currently only available through MIDI. We will look into ways to make it possible on the unit standalone, but we are not there just yet. We do have a request to change overdub from stopped to being solo, not much news on this front right now, but we plan on doing it.

not the end of the world, going to have to figure this midi thing out thing soon as

I’m using mute and unmute CC:38. I’m a newbie so is solo CC:39 suppose to mute other tracks because it doesn’t do anything when I try it on 5.1.1

I ran into similar issues with mute commands via Midi as in the thread I just posted… If the device you’re using can throw more than one Change Command at the same time, or one on the press and a different on the release, then you can try CC 38 1 and CC 38 3 to mute track 1 on either part of a 2X2 regardless of which Part you’re on, and CC 38 2 with CC 38 4.

I also combined unmute all, CC 38 127 with the Play command CC 43 1 so when I restart a loop (like after muting one of the Tracks for a breakdown, then doing an immediate stop CC 43 127) it will restart the loop as well as unmute any of the tracks that were previously muted.

1 Like

Solo is now available in the Hands Free slideout menu as well as via MIDI

So CC:39 now works? I was using the Baum… solution above (so no big deal)5.1.1

Correct, 5.1.1 solved the issue found in 5.0.3 where only the selected track would be soloed

Thanks for the question!