SOLUTION: "NO SONG" (error message)

The error message “No Song” usually means that the content on the SD card needs to be replaced. In rare cases the files on the SD card are faulty or missing.

1. Please go to the following link: SD Card Full Backup to download and then unzip the file to your desktop. The latest Windows and MacOS should be able to unzip files natively.

2. Place your unlocked SD card in your computer SD slot reader (don’t use the USB connection method to connect the SD card in your pedal to your computer).

3. Delete the files on the SD card and empty the Recycle Bin (PC) or Trash (MacOS).

4. Drag or copy/paste the unzipped files to the SD card. You should have the following content on your SD card:

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 7.38.53 AM

1. This should solve the issue. If it doesn’t, please email Support, support@singularsound.com for further assistance.

Hey hey! Just found this … maybe it will help my issue!

Follow instructions from a 6 year old post and wiped out sd card and cant load a backup. I put it on the desktop and when I try to load it the screen goes back to the BBM and it has nothing in it.

Based on your post: (which I’m going to merge with Support’s thread)

• did you delete the contents of your SD card or did you re-format it? If the latter, it should be formatted as MS-DOS(FAT32);
  • make sure SD card is unlocked and empty the Trash or Recycle Bin for the card;
  • use your computer SD slot reader—not the USB cable method to connect your pedal to your computer;
  • quit the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) remove or delete the bbworkspace folder from your computer;
  • download and unzip the backup bbworkspace (BBWORKSPACE FOLDER ) from Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder
  • drag the entire bbworkspace folder to your user/Documents
  • open the BBM and use the menu File - Open Project (navigate to BBW/default_lib/projects) and select BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project);
  • BBM File - Save Project As (give your project a new name such as BBWorkspace Joey and navigate to BBWorkspace Joey/user_lib/projects and save your newly renamed project to that path);
  • insert unlocked SD card in computer;
  • BBM File - Export > Project to SD card
  • when complete, accept prompt to synchronize (Mac version of BBM has a bug that won’t accept synchronizations but you should be okay using Windows version)
  • Eject SD card and with the pedal power off, insert SD card in pedal and power on.

It should work but if it doesn’t, please contact Support, support@singularsound.com for help

Thank you, I was able to load my saved backup to BBM. Hopefully that will get me through my gig tonight. I ordered some extra SD cards and I’m going to do what you suggested. Is the BB supposed to work without an SD card or is it always required to have one in it?

Glad you sorted it out. The pedal always requires an SD card with a BeatBuddy project.

I can’t recommend highly enough for gigging musicians to test and to have a backup SD
card when on the job.

I’m having the same problem and have down loaded the default workspace back up folder but when I try to open a new project, I’m directed to my computer. I had down loaded a song before this all went south, so how I managed to delete the sd card, I don’t know because everything worked fine, then I did something wrong and lost it all. I have a gig on Sat. and was hoping to use the BB, so this is kinda urgent
I’m not good on computers so this is a challenge

From the way you describe it, it appears that the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) doesn’t know the location of your project, which is supposed to be located in your bbworkspace folder on your computer. It also sounds like you’re trying to open the default project and not a new project. You haven’t provided enough details for me to give you a good way ahead that will get you restored for your gig today. Here’s some common BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and BeatBuddy (BB) operating principles: (sorry for the lecture)

• the BBM is where you do all of your work creating and managing setlists; think of it as the iTunes app on your computer where you create and manage a Playlist which can then be exported or synchronized to your iPod or iPhone;
  • your project should always be saved on your computer and then exported or synched to your SD card;
  • speaking of the SD card, don’t connect your pedal to your computer using the USB cable; instead, insert your SD card in your computer SD slot reader;
  • Long story short: don’t use the BBM to manage or edit the project directly on your SD card.

Since I don’t know whether or not you still have a custom BeatBuddy (BB) set or gig list and whether or not you deleted the contents from your SD card or got rid of your old bbworkspace folder, we’re just going to verify that you don’t still (inadvertently) have your setlist somewhere on either your SD card or an older bbworkspace folder you up and running with the default project
CHECKING YOUR SD CARD FOR PROJECT:

• disconnect the USB cable from your computer to your pedal
  • insert the SD card in your computer SD slot reader (we’re checking to see if your original project is still on your SD card)
  • launch the BBM
  • from the BBM File - Open Project (and navigate to your SD card)
  • if a functional project still exists on your SD card, the BBM should open it and you should see a screen shot like this
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.04.36 AM
  • if so, click Yes (and your computer will either display the path to your bbworkspace folder—like this, or it will allow you to navigate to the path)

and if so, give your project a name and then click Save
  • if this is the case, you’ve now recovered your original project and it should be saved in the proper location on your computer; if not, then,
    CHECKING YOUR COMPUTER FOR YOUR SETLIST FROM AN OLDER bbworkspace folder
  • search your computer for BeatBuddy (BB) project files using this string *.bbp (asterisk period bbp); if you happen to remember the name of your project, you could search for the name of your project e.g., whatever.bbp
  • if your search locates any project files, make a note of the complete path to where they are located
  • use the BBM File - Open Project and navigate to the path of one of the project files you noted; is it your old project with your setlist? If not, continue to repeat the process until you’ve checked each project to see if it has your project with your setlist;

If you’ve come up empty, you’re going to have to go with the BBWorkspace_default_content_backup-v2.1 method in my post above

Let us know how it turns out. There may be easier ways to do this but based on the details in your post, this is the only way I can think of to try to find your old project with your setlist or to restore functionality to your BeatBuddy (BB) for your gig today.

If I’ve failed to understand your description, feel free to reply and I’ll see what I can do.

Waiting for the obligatory “aargh” from PF :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m working a craft show with Mrs. P, so I won’t be arrrghing. :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks, I always put the sd car in the computer and I thought I was installing the BBWorkspace_default_content_backupv2.1 method. The only project I had used BBM on was the initial recognition of the card and one song, which I down loaded from the forum, and that song is still on the computer, so I don’t have a set list as of yet, I’m trying to learn how to do all this>
I don’t believe there is a functional project on the card but with it in the computer it shows the BBworkspace, BBfirmware+3.80, default lib, user lib, app, and MLO. When I first loaded a song, I managed to get it on the sd card and used it in the BB but then for some reason I tried to change it in the computer and when I put the card back in the BB, I got the error message

I’ll try to help when I get home around 1330 EDT

1 Like

somehow I managed to get it all back after re reading your initial tutorial but I got a long way to go to make this less painful. But could you tell me how to make a back up to SD card, which I have and it’s formatted to FAT32

Glad to hear ‘ya got it sorted out.

• Insert the new SD card in your computer
  • BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File - Export - Project to SD card
  • When prompted to Sync, select ‘no’
  • No need to install firmware as it should have been installed already
  • Test the backup SD card
1 Like