Sound Dropout on Playback in Aeros

If I can get mine to do the dropout thing again, next time I get on, I’ll film it. There’s still something odd going on.

1 Like

hello I have got the same problem. sometimes One or two measures drops out and I have to reboot the aeros… did anybody find the solution?

This should be fixed in the latest beta version 4.2.4, you could wait to try it out on the song when it is fully released or you could try it out and let us know if the issue persists.

What version were you on when this happened?

Thanks!

hello. I have the bb connected to the aeros, with 4.1.5 version. I seems somehow i managed to solve that problem, but I have abigger issue:
The singer is operating the bb and I operate the aeros. I cant manage to have the 2 machines synced properly: the bb is set not to start or stop anything on the aeros, as I want to be free to record and loop and go to the next parts whenever it’s needed, and not when the singer is pressing start or stop on the bb. but there is no way to have the 2 machines sync properly. Is there a solution? otherwise I will have to return the 2 machines as that’s the reason I bought them…

thanks

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in replying,

What you are requesting is possible to do but you must send the MIDI Start command.

There is no way to work around that, the Aeros has to receive the Start command to have its count synced to the BB count (especially since BB is its own playback device), it is not like using a clock feeding into the Aeros which does not produce its own playback.

If you want to start BB without starting Aeros this is already possible, you just have to set the Aeros to not start recording or playback when it receives the MIDI start. This is a setting in the device settings, “MIDI IN Start”. If you do not want the BeatBuddy to start Aeros when you switch parts, you must disable CC102 from being sent in the BB (This is in the main menu: Main Pedal > MIDI Settings > MIDI Out > Next Part (CC102) and disable it)

There is a known issue where even if you set it like this, the Aeros will not start immediately if you start it on beat 1 while Aeros is stopped and BB is playing. This is because there is no Loop Forgiveness zone for starting from a stopped state. The Loop Forgiveness zone is a neat trick we made to allow the user to start a recording “on time” even though they may actually be a few milliseconds late.

This is easily avoided by setting the Aeros to only Playback and not Record when it receives the MIDI Start command. This puts the Aeros in a scrolling mode in an empty song part, making the bug I just mentioned workaroundable.

If you wish to avoid playback when receiving MIDI start, that could work too, but you must start the Aeros within a measure before you want it to come in. This way the Aeros sets up the playback/recording at the next measure and comes in with the BB in sync.

Let me know if that makes sense!