The Boys are Back in Town - DOP, OPB

Thin Lizzy

Notes:

• Starts on the 1&2 and 1-2-3-4th hit of the closed HH count-in

• Includes a transposed OPB version with the adjusted cheat sheet

• Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s): all versions use the SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31 kit

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy.zip (179.0 KB)

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I no longer fill song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too).
  3. How many ornaments did we hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
    @Fredramone
2 Likes

Thanx a lot !!!

I will download it and test it tonite.

Best regards

I saw Thin Lizzy open for Queen on March 17th 1977… The concert was in a theater with a capacity of 2538 people that is well known for it’s state of the art acoustics… and I was in the fourth row, front and center… and I still crack a big smile when I think of that night…

Thanks for doing this one Persist… Nicely done… :beers:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your memories of 1977. I too fondly remember the concerts I attended.

i saw them the same year, in a well known (at this time) festival in Belgium (Bilzen).
I was a bit further but what a gig !

Thanks for the work.

1 Like

Has anybody tried to edit the midi for this song? I want to lower the level on the crash cymbals during intro and choruses. But the midi that exports from BBM won’t open in any editor. Any suggestions of how to do this?

Some versions of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) export to MIDI without issue while some users report problems getting a song section exported to MIDI to either open or to appear/map correctly in their DAW.

If you have a DAW, you could try editing the MIDI source file instead.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it to load into my editor (Aria Maestosa). Struggling to get the crash cymbal volume lowered. Sounds good in my editor but when I load it into BB, it’s back to really loud (127). I also edited the drum kit to lower the volume on the wav for the crash. I’ll keep messing with it. Has to be something simple I’m not doing right. Thanks for the direction (and for a great OPB track)!

1 Like