The Joker And The Queen - OPBk-strings

Ed Sheeran

Notes:

• Count-in included—but it’s the only drums included
  • Now, for something much more current, a lovely song.
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________________Suggested kit

v4 (OPBk)____________________STAX 4 octave piano & strings

Includes: 1 song. Youtube video, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

The Joker And The Queen - Ed Sheeran.zip (38.3 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9f4XtNj1Vg

1 Like

Thanks! great song

Glad you like it. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Thank you - a great addition to my BeatBuddy.

I have been trying to edit the SongV4.mid file to remove the count in because I set my BB to count in. Unfortunately the exported midi file from BB Manager does not load into any midi editing software.

Would it be possible for you to remove the count in from the file? A big ask - I know!!!

Thank again

Jon

I’ll make the edit and PM it to you.

Some-but not all-users are able to use the built-in MIDI Editor in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to make very simple editing changes to a song. I say “not all” because other users report that editing a song using the MIDI Editor might corrupt or change the audio of the song. You can try it to see if you have any luck with the process. The steps are:

• right-click (or ctrl-click is on a Mac) on the Intro; it should bring up sub-menu
  • select Edit; press No at the prompt to quantize
  • scroll to the drums part of the screen and click each note of the drum intro; a sub-menu appears
  • select DEL from the sub-menu and do this for each of the drum Intro notes you want to get rid of
  • press Apply
  • IMPORTANT: do not quit the BBM until you preview the song audio and if it sounds okay, export or synchronize your project to your SD card. Preview the entire song on your pedal
  • if it sounds good, you’re done but if it doesn’t, return to the BBM and press ctrl Z to undo the edits (if you quit the BBM, you will no longer be able to undo the edits

Let me know if this works out and if it doesn’t, I’ll still send you the revised MIDI file so you can replace the Intro in the song.

Here’s some screen shots from another song to illustrate the process:
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 7.55.28 AM

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 7.58.55 AM

Thanks for this.

Yes - tried all that but I do not get the delete option:

Sorry image is cropped and enlarged too much but you can see the bottom choice is OFF not DELETE

Try setting to OFF and that should mute the sound of the hi-hat count-in.

Sorry I didn’t mention this before, there’s another way to clear the notes and that’s to right-click on the Closed Hats in the left column and then to select Clear all notes from the sub-menu.

Thank you for the time you are spending on this!

I have already tried setting notes to OFF - this results in an empty bar at the start of the song. The BB gives a 4 beat intro and then the song, which is now not in the intro but in main rhythm, plays after a pause!!!

Deleting all notes takes the closed hi-hat throughout the song and still leaves a bar of nothing at the start!!!

Thanks again

Jon

Download and unzip this file.
Replace the existing MIDI in the Intro with this file.
If you need to make any changes, the file should be editable in a DAW (digital audio workstation).

Song v4b.mid.zip (2.7 KB)

Perfect - Thankyou.

I have put it in the main part of the song so BB gives tap intro and then the song plays.

Thank you so much

Kind regards

Jon

1 Like