Update Beat Buddy Firmware

My BB is running Firmware version 1.8.5. I discovered that a firmware update 2.2 was available so i attempted the update by following the directions and found that the Beat Buddy will not update to the new firmware. Is this a common issue?

Not very common.
[LIST]
[]Make sure your SD card is not locked
[
]Unzip the firmware
[]Copy or drag the 5 f/w files to the top level of your card
[
]Power off on pedal; insert card
[*]Power on to pedal; do not interrupt the update process
[/LIST]

Thanks for the reply. I followed the process as you described and the BB did not update. Here is a screen shot of my SD card.

[ATTACH=full]6894[/ATTACH]

Hmmm. Should have worked.

You should delete the BeatBuddy-Firmware-2 folder from your SD card—it doesn’t belong on your SD card.

Make sure you’re using your Mac’s SD slot reader and not the USB cable method to update your SD card.

Did you get an alert message about overwriting or replacing the existing firmware files?

You haven’t tried to reformat your SD card, have you? If you did, let me know.

In the screenshot you put, we see the firmware folder sitting in your SD card’s drive. You need to take all the files from within that folder (app, app.bin, boot.bin, MLO, MLO.bin) and place them on the main window of your SD card, which is shown in the screenshot. After which you will get a message if you want to replace the 2 files MLO and app, which were left there from the previous firmware update - click yes.

To see if you have the latest firmware version, go into your settings menu (press down on ‘tempo’ and ‘drumset’ at the same time), then go into About BeatBuddy by pressing the ‘tap’ button. It will show you the version number on the second line.

I was able to get the BB to update properly. Thank you!