Updated Brushes Kit and new Brushes Beats from Goran

I just bought the new Brushes Songwriter Brushes Beats from Goran at Premium Content - https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/

If you like brushes beats these are pretty damn good imo…add that to the (free) updated Brushes kit and it’s a great package. Check it out is my recommendation!

Having several issues just getting started with the update of the default (not songwriter) brushes.

1. The files in the zips that I downloaded don’t match the instructions at https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/news/how-to-upgrade-brushes-drumset-to-v3-and-default-content-to-v2-1/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NEW+%3A+Songwriter+Brushes+%2B+Default+Content+Update+2+1&utm_campaign=Songwriter+Beats+(doesn+t+own+any+CC)

2. The default_lib/drum_sets directory in my BBWorkspace is empty! Could this be the sync issue?

3. I could not find the zips to download (again) on the ss.com BB page and resources page. Would be helpful to link to the location of the zips in the instructions and the two pages on the main web site.

Here is the location of the download: https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/

The first two might be “pilot error”, but I don’t think so.

I think #2 might mean i need the “default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder” and not the “The Latest Version Of All Drumsets In A Single Package”. It says it will be 20 minutes to download now,. so cannot check.

I suspect others will be more confused. If the instructions and website resoruces could be updated to make this easier, that would help everyone!

@BrennanSingularSound @GoranGrooves

Hi. Since I have changed (=lowered) the velocities of the songs using Brushes v2.0 Drumset, I think that to safeguard done own tailorings, it’s just better 1st import new versions as such into BeatBuddy Manager. And then evaluate the old and new Brushes Drumsets with songs. The new Brushes Drumset v3.0 works nicely with new Brushes Beat v2.1 due to done changes and additions, but not that well with existing songs. So I decided to keep existing Brushes drumset+related songs intact and these new versions will be a second combination which I will use also.

Not sure what the issues are here? Goran has taken the time to post 3 different ways of doing this along with videos?

It really is pretty easy. Perhaps your configurations are not standard perhaps, or you have other things going on. It’s a bit tough to blame the author when most folks I think don’t have too many issues!

#1 and #3 are resolved.

#2 Is still an issue. It might just be an issue with the isnrtructions (or it might be a blocker for me). The state of my directory on my computer has an empty default_lib/drum_sets which doesn’t match the instructions Goran created: “Inside the drum_sets folder of your default_lib , locate the Brushes Drumset . DELETE it.” Is this expected and OK to ignore?

Also wondering if the BBM has a backup of the SD card on my computer or not. I can’t compare the SD Card with the BBWorkspace to verify myself.

Pretty sure I deleted default_lib when I applied the prior update per https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/news/beatbuddy-default-content-major-update/

@pax-eterna I really appreciate Goran’s instructions (and there are six variations for which he has gone above and beyond the call of duty). Unfortunately the instructions for my situation is option 2 and don’t match what is in my BBWorkspace. And while I appreciate Goran’s extensive efforts, it’s a huge bandaid over the inability to have an installer or a BBM that handles this. This goes for updates to purchased add-ons; initial install is only slightly better. Want to sell more add-ons? @DavidPackouz Make it easy to find, buy, download, and install them from inside the BBM.

Completely solved it with @Quad. If anyone else is having any difficulty with the import of drumsets or content updates, please email me directly at support@singularsound.com and we can arrange a phone support session with remote viewing.

EDIT:

Including the solution, in case it works for anyone else viewing this thread who has the same issue -

The drumset was appearing user_lib.

Two step process of removal (old drumset):

1. Remove drumset from BBManager in drumsets tab (select the drumset then Drumsets > Delete Drumset)

2. Went into user_lib and moved the Brushes drumset to trash to delete it. (if it does not appear here, you need to go back and double click the Brushes drumset in the drumsets tab)

Then import the new drumset DRM file and check off the tick box once it appears in the drumsets tab: File > Import > Drumset

Thanks @BeatBuddy_Support

The instructions above are simpler!

1 Like

Which is pretty much what Goran said iirc!

There is a distinct possiblity I’m an idiot.

So for those that have used them, what has the better sound, Songwriter Brushes or Jazz Brushes drumsets? I’m not too worried about the beats as I usually make my own but which is giving the better sound, especially for accompanying acoustic guitar? I don’t know which to go for.

Neil, I wouldn’t use the term better or worse really - it’s different. I prefer the new one, seems more, hmmm, live perhaps? if you get my meaning. And I am finding it is working with songs previously using brushes or jazz brushes kits. And it works nicely with the Groove Monkee beats too.

1 Like

Yeah it’s hard to judge from the samples. The Jazz Brushes seem a little softer and more delicate than the Songwriter Brushes. Perhaps it is just the samples that show it that way? I have decided to go for the Jazz Brushes and play around with them and see where they take me.

Songwriter. I find the Jazz bass drum to have to many overtones.

1 Like

I agree. I recently updated the brushes kit to V3 and purchaed the new Songwriter Brushes beats and have been really enjoying them with my acoustic guitar. Just a really natural, lower-velocity sound that I fee is the best yet for me. The only slight disappointment is the lack of outro’s on the Songwriter Brushes beats.

Hats off to Goran and BeatBuddy!

I got the new beats added to my collection, but gave up on the new kit, far too complicated… the updating needs sorted out.

Hey Guys, sorry…super noob here. I purchased the August 2020 version of the Complete Collection 2020, so I think I have V3 of the Brushes kit, but I’m having a hard time confirming I have it. How do I know I have the V3 version? My drum kits show as a bunch of numbers in Explorer rather than the name.

Thanks!!

Mucking about the BeatBuddy files using the computer OS is usually bad juju :crazy_face:

I don’t know if there’s any easy identifier for the drum set version however, Goran Rita does a good job of updating the complete premium library with every monthly release.

1 Like

IIRC there is a special song in the collection of beats that if it plays, it confirms the new brushes kit is installed correctly and is present…I deleted it so not sure where exactly but again, IIRC, it’s not in a folder but is by itself.

EDIT: Sorry I recalled it incorrectly : this song is in the Brushes Beats (next one after Brazilian) Folder.

1 Like

Had forgotten about that one: it’s in the Brushes Beats genre folder
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 1.30.30 PM

2 Likes