What Church Songs Work with which BB setting?

If we get out of time I just pause the BB and start it again on the next measure, sometimes it is not loud enough for the congregation and musicians to hear so as I have full control I raise the volume - sounds loud to me, but no one has complained.

Good idea. I’ve done that at practice. I have the volume much higher in our monitors so we can always hear it. Sometimes those brushes beats can get lost if you’re not careful.

All I have is a Word Doc that looks just like the one in my opening post. I simply add the new songs as they come along. Anyone who would like to copy and paste that post can or if they want want my Word file I can send it to them.

PD

I have nothing to add other than I am amazed at how God is using this technology for His Glory. Thank you all to you who have a servant’s heart to lend your talents. God bless.

Amen M

AMEN Mark

I understand, Pstrdenver, but the list you have in Word cannot be easily parsed into separate columns. It wouldn’t take terribly long, though. As I offered earlier, if you (or anyone else) would like to put it into Excel OR would like access to the GoogleDocs sheet that drives the site, I will be happy to get it on the site for you. I meant for the site to be a useful resource for anyone; the worship music community here asked if I would add a list for worship songs, and I did.

j

Thanks so much for this great list. It is a great help getting started with my BB. Good variety of old and new songs.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ll try them. Unfortunately I think that most of the Beat Buddy pre arranged tunes are too hard rock for what we do with Praise Music. I wish Beat Buddy would produce some more arrangements but not so “hard rockish”. Don’t get me wrong I love hard rock but for Praise Music often the drums are not so hard cutting.

Try the ballad songs from the library , I used to recommend not using the BB on slower songs but I now I can use it on slower calmer songs as well :slight_smile: I also use the elements songs to start songs off, lastly the mallet kit and songs work well for modern slow songs. I must upload my audio of us playing Hillsongs the creed with the mallet kit and songs. Used a similar beat and kit for the Hymn “Holy Holy Holy”.

To demonstrate some of the uses of the new kits and beats from the BB library, below are the songs I did for our Fathers day service.
The sound was captured just by the microphones on our Tascam DR-05 digital recorder at the back of the room. There were quite a few people away that Sunday and the only people playing was me on guitar leading and our bass player. Drums were provided by the BB, I also used various synth loops played from my Ipad. The recording isn’t great but it just demonstrates the usefulness of some of the new content that is available now from the BB Library.

“Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty” - Standard Kit and Mallet beats. First song that morning and our sound guy also decided to sing along as well forgetting that the recorder was on. Our computer for the words is also near the recorder and so that is the clicking you can hear.

“Holy Holy” by Nathan Fellingham - Mallet Kit and various Mallet beats. Brought in the BB the 2nd time time round.

“Father in heaven how we love you” - Standard Kit playing various Ballad beats.

“The Creed” by Hillsong - Mallet Kit and various Mallet beats. This was the first outing for the song and I was teaching it to the congregation, I decided to drop the bridge in this instance. The song links into “He is Lord” for which I stopped the BB.

Hey my brother Psalm40…i haven’t had a chance to upgrade the BB yet…is this where the ballad beats are?? i don’t recall ballad beats anywhere in the library…

No, the ballad songs are part of the premium content range which can be purchased from the new beatbuddy library and cost $5 each per kit or song pack. I bought the mallet kit and songs, as well as the ballad, elements and gig basic songs not used the latter ones yet.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/library/

Greetings! First, let me apologize for posting this in another thread, but I think this one is a bit more appropriate.

I just got my BeatBuddy over the weekend and have been enjoying it tremendously! I even made my first 6 song worship set list last night with great success (I am so proud of myself ;0)

Question: I have a bunch of songs that I added to the list at http://www.beatbuddytools.com/worship-songs/ I have a master spreadsheet formatted tot he specs on the site and cleaned up all of the Drum Kits and Beats so they match exactly what is in the BeatBuddy. I also did the work of attributing an artist to each song. Now all we need to do is populate the Kit, BB Beat and BPM fields.

Who do I need to talk to to get what I have uploaded to the BBTools website? It would be great if we had the master list and then people could say "Hey, I use settings X, Y, Z, on song TITLE " and we could have the list updated frequently with current content. I would be happy to assist in this for a while.

Okay, here is my first batch of Songs to be added to the Praise and Worship list. More to come in the coming days…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc2xv5nhvmlt6hs/Prasie%20Songs%2007-14-2015.xlsx?dl=0`

I’m a Worship Leader and I’ve uploaded my Praise and Worship set lists to my blog https://beatbuddyworship.wordpress.com for easy management and to share with other Leaders that use BeatBuddy. I would love to see more contemporary Worship songs that can be used to lead Worship bands.

Please check out my lists and share any new songs you use in worship.

I uploaded my Praise and Worship spreadsheet and *.SNG files to my new public Facebook group “BeatBuddy Worship”. New songs have been added and more are coming! Add your own :slight_smile:

Great idea, however now we have lots of similar sites all doing the same thing, but using Facebook is an easy way to share songs which we have created from scratch or which use the stock beats. When posting though I think you should state which beat you are using as the basis. Also as your list and sng files include previous work by others it is important to get the original songwriters right e.g Happy day was originally written by Tim Hughes not Steve Fee unless this is a different song. We also should not be sharing sng files for songs created using the premium library songs or any other commercial site (e.g groove monkee), which is why I thought it would be cool to be able to export a song as a document to see its components and then others can copy it or use it as a spring board as breaking each song down takes time especially if you have a lot.
I’m also liking the free mini hand drum set available for free through the premium content library. The world percussion set and songs are pretty cool too.

I wondered about this - is there a separate place to post .sng files on the BB Forum or is there another 3rd party site we’ve been using for this?

Hey Rob22315, try <http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?resources/>