What songs are you playing with BB & their settings?

Hi guys, anyone have a beat for Kansas City (here I come) please?

I am using country-1 122 bpm

Thanks ER, I`ll try that.

Just ordered my beat buddy today and looking forward to a whole new experience. Bit concerned 'bout having to stoop to floor level to set each song.

you can advance the song when stopped by pressing either button for song advance or back .

@Fourmost - This, and you should use the BeatBuddy Manager to customize your setlists the way you want: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-1-50-1-windows-mac.4382/

Hi Guys. Received my Beat Buddy today and just checking it out
Most of my program list would consist of straight forward jives(quick steps)e.g… “Past the point of rescue”, Fox trots, e.g. “Wine Drinker” slow waltzes, e.g. “Could I have this dance for the rest of my life” etc. I suppose mostly basic Country styles. Any suggestions. Can these basic beats be purchased?
Is it possible to edit the existing beats? e.g. take out a double tap etc.

Any suggestions for Van Morrison’s “Bright side of the road”? Blues 3 kind of suits but double tap sort of goes off groove. Can this double tap be edited in the manager?

I have officially entered into the “Create my own drum tracks with bass” realm. I knock out about 2 of my favorite songs a night. I find a basic beat that works and then modify it for accents. Adding bass was tricky at first but I am getting faster with the layout in Midi Editor. For the BPM I just pull it up on my iTunes and use my BPM app on my phone and dial it in. Then I save the song parts in each song titles folder for easy location and tweaking. I wish I could figure out how to isolate copy and import midi files from complete songs, I would be much faster. I’m working on it. I will eventually share all of my stuff to pay back for everything I have downloaded from the forum. I am trying to set up all of my new songs and reconfigure those that I have downloaded into the same structure so I don’t have to remember : “Do I tap a fill for this chorus or transition into it??” I find that the transition method is the easiest to hit and has the smoothest sound and the fewest mistakes at this early stage in my use. You have to remember to move back the the verse with transition but the payoff is worth it. Pretty obsessed with the dang thing. Sorry to dump my revelations on the forum but my wife doesn’t give a rip about my new hobby and I need to vent.

Hello
Isn’t Tuesday’s Gone in 3/4 time?
Mark

–Any way to tone the cymbals down some?

You can change the volume of the individual instruments in a specific Drumset - watch my tutorial on how to do this, however if it is the accent hit then you will need to edit it in a wave editor.

—Thank you for the information, I’ll watch your video and try to learn how to do that.
The drums are really good it’s just the for my taste the cymbals are way to loud and overused but it’s just my taste.

For Clapton’s “Wonderful Tonight” I use the Brazilian Samba Funk at 94 bpm. I know this sounds like a weird choice, but it gives the main beats that 1/2 time feel the song needs. The intro doesn’t sound good, but I just use a count-off anyway. I replaced all of the fills with fills from the Blues 2 beat.

Personally I find the toms too loud and boomy so I have toned them down, then I have lowered the volume of all the instruments by another -3db so it sits better with the quieter kits.

Great lists - thanks for sharing

Hi, I love your list. Thank you so much for posting. Do you have any suggestions for “It’s all over now” (Rolling Stones, and Wanda Jackson did a great version too.) Thank you.

1 Like

all over now is tricky but what I use now for it (until I come across something better) is the Country beat / Shuffle not sure which one but one of the shuffle beats fit ok to get by but its not perfect.

Thank you! Great help and much appreciated. Can’t wait to try it in rehearsal!

Just joined and new to BB. Been using Alesis Sr16 for years, Cant wait to try some of these and share some to. thanks everyone