When usb cable Is connected, the bb turn off

i recevied my Beatbuddy one week again.
It works fine without any problem.
This afternoon i tried to connect a usb cable connected to my Pc and the Beatbuddy get Turned off.
I tried to connect a usb cable not connected to my Pc, same issue the Bb stop to work or don’t to turn on when i connect the power Supply.
When i plugg an usb cable the Bb don t light on
Is it normal?
I have not find anything about usb connection in the Manuel ou in the internet support
Regards

This is really strange. Are you sure the power cord is not bend or smth when you turn USB on?
Looks like BeatBuddy simply looses the power.

I am used to use and connect computer, musical ou electronic items…
It Is the first Time i see such a issue…
The usb cable turn off the Beatbuddy

This isn’t normal in any case. By the way, you are not using Mac, are you?
Can you please test the following before contacting support at contact@mybeatbuddy.com :

1. Power off your BeatBuddy
  2. Plug USB (nothing will happen, and this is normal)
  3. Power on the BeatBuddy.

Will it power on?

If not - you can try using the procedure to revive a dead BeatBuddy (when firmware update gone wrong) as instructed here http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-power.1398/#post-5268

Also make sure the SD card in your BeatBuddy is not write-protected.

This isn’t normal in any case. By the way, you are not using Mac, are you?
=> No, it s a Pc with Windows 7 64bits

Can you please test the following before contacting support at contact@mybeatbuddy.com :

1. Power off your BeatBuddy
  2. Plug USB (nothing will happen, and this is normal)
  3. Power on the BeatBuddy

=> Yes i tried it with 2 différent usb cable (one connected to my Pc wich works very well with my voicelive 3) and the other one not Connected
And the Beatbuddy doesn t power on.

I received my Beatbuddy one week ago délivered by thomann and the software Is at the last firmware 1.2.9 and i didn’t tra to write Anything on the sd card.

@lagoise Is it possible that the BeatBuddy is not connected to the power supply while you connect it via USB to the computer? The BeatBuddy still needs to be plugged in to receive power.

You got your BB from Thomann? Did your BB come with a very short USB cable? Are you using it or another USB cable? Did the BB come with a powersupply? You don’t really need the USB cable if you have an SD card reader, but this does sound very strange, almost as if we do not have all the details.

@@lagoise Is it possible that the Beatbuddy is not connected to the power supply while you connect it via USB to the computer? The BeatBuddy still needs to be plugged in to receive power.
=> no, BeatBuddy was conneçted to the power supply while i connect it via USB to the computer?
The BeatBuddy still needs to be plugged in to receive power => of course

You got your BB from Thomann? Yes
Did your BB come with a very short USB cable? No
Are you using another USB cable? Yes 2 régalar usb cable i use for my voicelive 3, hard disk or photo device
Did the BB come with a powersupply? Yes
You don’t really need the USB cable if you have an SD card reader
=> my Pc in my studio for music has no card reader and Is in another room to avoid the noise of the fan.
I should Like to easily manage and store new rythm in my Beatbuddy which Will be the Heart of my music live configuration with my voicelive 3 (harmony/Looper/guitar effects)…

This sounds like a hardware problem, most likely a short circuit. You should contact Thomann and have them repair/replace your unit.

I did not realise until now that Thomann were stocking these, so congratulations Singular sound on the distribution deal. Thomann usually manage to somehow undercut other companies on price especially for Europe. Strange you did not get the USB cable as their blurb says it comes with one?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/beatbuddy_beatbuddy.htm
You could always get an SD card reader.

I connected this morning the short usb délivered with the Beatbuddy and i have the same hardware problem. Thomann has no more Beatbuddy and should be délivered on the 16/02/2015…
Do you have the same problem with another custom ers?
What do i have to do?

This is the first case I am seeing here on the forums of such issue.
As Psalm40 suggested you may opt to use an external SD card reader to circumvent this problem.
But ultimately you should insist on either replacing your unit, or getting your money back until you can acquire a working unit (if they don’t have any in stock). This is definitely a problem of your distributor, and it should stay as such. Don’t take it lightly!

I know for sure that if you got your unit handed to you personally via an international post, you would definitely get your unit replaced directly from Singular Sound. I know nothing of how this is normally handled with redistribution.

Anyways, don’t panic. You will definitely get a working unit sooner or later.

The USB cable is a standard mini-USB cable, so any standard one will do. @lagoise are you saying that there was no USB cable included at all in the package, or it was just a different length USB cable than Psalm40 asked about?

Thomann should definitely be replacing (or repairing, depending on the circumstances) your unit. Have they said that they can’t repair/replace it until February 2015? Is that what you meant when you wrote “Thomann has no more Beatbuddy and should be délivered on the 16/02/2015…”?

In the mean time, the best solution for you is to use an SD card reader, as Daefecator mentioned above.

I have experienced the same problem with the BB powering down when connecting the USB cable. I always use a card reader so I don’t really care, but I thought it was unusual. Reporting it for bug tracking purposes.

One thing I have not completely tested, but something to consider… I have other devices that operate strangely if the USB connection draws too much power, meaning, if the USB bus on the PC has multiple devices, some devices won’t work unless the bus is dedicated to that one device. What makes this challenging to test is that some external USB ports are shared with internal USB devices, so finding a dedicated USB port with nothing else on it is tricky. Best bet, test each port on the PC itself by plugging directly into it, without the use of hubs or keyboards or monitors.

I tested with 2 standard usb cable and with the small usb cable which was in the Beatbuddy box and get the same hardware problem.
i have not contact yet thomann because i wanted to qualify the problem with the support before.
I read this morning on thier we site That thomann Will be able to deliver new Beatbuddy on the 16/02/14 and i don t Know if it Will be dix or change with another new one.
Sorry for my english, i do my Best.
Chris from france

@lagoise (Chris) - I went to their website as well and that seems to be the expected delivery date for NEW orders. Have you contacted them regarding the repair/replacement of your unit? Or have they quoted you that date as well for replacements?

No as i wrote, i was waiting to Know what the Beatbuddy support Will say.
I will contact thomann tomorrow to Know what they Will be able to do…
But Will thomann be able to fix it?
May be they fan just change it?

If you purchased it from Thomann, they are responsible to honor the warranty. Whether they replace it or repair it really depends on what they decide would be the best option (we also don’t replace every unit that gets sent back to us if it could easily be repaired). Regardless of which method they choose, they will send you back a fully functional, working unit. You will need to get in contact with them, and deal with them directly.

Ok i return the bb to thomann (for free) to get fixes or changed.
Happy new year to the bb team!!!