Your BeatBuddy got EVEN MORE AWESOME! Firmware update 1.41

Yes, this is the case.

When I first loaded the new FW 1.41 I thought all was ok. However, I’ve noticed that some of the songs/fills have “pops” when landing on the 1 downbeat. I installed the previous FW 1.29 and the pops are gone.

This occurs on user-created content, as well as the BB stock songs. Brushes, Country, etc. It’s more noticeable on some, but definitely not good.

OK, nevermind. Straightened it out. Didn’t realize the official was 1.4.1. I was using 1.4.0. Guess that little revision took care of it. ALL GOOD NOW.

Sorry I didn’t read all the steps
I unplugged it during the updating process
now what should I do now??

@toytoytoy Just don’t panic.

The actions will depend on how your BeatBuddy behaves right now.
If you power it on, but the LED screen doesn’t lighten up, you should take a look here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-power.1398/#post-5268

Perform the steps described there, and this will revive your BeatBuddy! Take care :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!
you are my savior
now my bb is brought back to life!
thanks for staying in this forum for such a long time
I was busy couple months ago
today finally have the time to pick up the BB and jam with it.
Thanks man

That’s cool! Have fun now :slight_smile:

Hi,
today i installed the new firmware 1.41. It seems that all is okay after 1 played some songs. Then i found out that the behavior of the external footswitch changed and i coul not fix it:

• before updating i tapped 1 time on the left and one time at the right switch to change between songs. Now i have to tap 2 times
  • before updating my left pedal took 1 hit to stop while playing. Now it takes 2 hits

and so on…

I tried do make some adjustments in the setup but i could not fix it. After reinstall the old firmware everything was okay.

Does anybody has the same problems?

Werner

Are you using a modified/different footswitch? Try rerunning the footswitch detector?

yes that was the problem!
Thank you for your Help

Werner

how is with virtual machine in bbm,
what’s there settings and can it be changed (for cue fill period)

thx in advance

No it can’t be changed.

Does anyone know if the new triggering the drums via midi in also works the other way round - i.e. BeatBuddy drums trigger other drum sounds for example BB midi out to other midi drum machine (or EZDrummer whatever). Also, I take it the midi in way responds to midi velocity as well?

It only mentions Midi In, so I would assume not. Would you like this for music production? If so just use the midi loops, if for performance then I would suggest trying to create an EZ drummer drum kit - this is something I would like to try as an alternative to the BB kits.

Hi, I may have noticed a small issue with this update
by the way the changes were AWESOME, love the count-in option.

Possible Issue
Previously Behaviour:
you could finish a song by using the right footswitch button (causing it to pause)
and then double clicking the main footswitch button to silently end playback mode.

Current Behaviour
Now you can still finish a song by using the right footswitch button (causing it to pause)
But afterwards double clicking the main footswitch button does not silently end playback mode.
It causes the audible end-roll, if this makes sense

[SIZE=5]I was wrong about this being a problem[/SIZE]
The correct interaction to quit a song after after a pause is a long press of main button
Thank you for a wonderful update.

Is playing the song straight through in the works

I am not the one assigned for this currently, but still probably yes. This is on the list.

Nice update !

I wish the Count-in intro note were assignable because I make my own drumkits with Addictive Drums mapping and samples and when I use this feature I hear a snare ?

It should be able to choose a sample just like the accent hit.
Should be a simple fix in the name of flexibilty :slight_smile:

One solution would be if you added the ‘count’ to the intro, if you like the fill as well then you would just join the two midi files. You would then have the count in and then the fill as your intro and you can then change the midi notes as required. Or you change the addictive drum mapping to match the Beatbuddys.