Your BeatBuddy got EVEN MORE AWESOME! Firmware update 1.41

Let’s not make it more complicated than it needs to be :smiley:

All that is needed is a global file to load in a similar way you load an accent.

That is called development and can be very complicated - your idea is good and I am sure it will be implemented in due course, however my suggestion was a possible solution now.

No panic !

I can certainly live with what we have right now but it’s good to know that they are updating BB regularly with new features.

Wonder what comes next :smiley:

It would be cool if the visual metronome was always going at whatever tempo the song is set to, I know it runs the whole time the song is playing but if you are playing a song that is just guitar at the beginning you could play at the exact tempo. Just an idea.

I like this idea! Would help with the tempo. But what if you press the pedal while the visual metronome is in the middle of the bar? Does it start there or at the beginning of the bar like it normally would?

Just received BeatBuddy. Tried to update the firmware to 1.41 and now screen is dark and pedal won’t bootup. Worked fine before update attempt.

How about footswitch simply unpauses where the “visual metronome” is at & main pedal switch starts the beat-count over?

Please follow the steps described here - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-power.1398/#post-5268.

Wow! I may have to pull this thing out of moth balls and dust it off to give it a try again.

Why don`t make users able to decide for themself (just like start with or without intro etc.)

You would make this a user selectable option :slight_smile: Start now, or start at the end of the bar, kinda like it acts in other places…

Hi Werner

Did you found a solution to go back to 1 tap instead of 2 ?

Thanks

Try performing the external foot switch set up in the quick start guide again. This resolved this issue for me.

I guess you would have to make sure you and the visual metronome are both on beat one when you step on the pedal. The video that one of the users posted of wonder wall is a good example. He stated in is YouTube comments that he had to adjust the tempo slightly once the groove kicked in, if the visual was there the whole time this could be avoided.

Thanks Guys… Great work. Keeps getting better. keep up the good work

I thought it was mentioned that this update had a new funk library. That means new beats right? I’ve already successfully downloaded the update into my BB but didn’t notice anything new. Am I misunderstanding this?

Don’t know where you read that, the firmware is just the software that the Beatbuddy runs, no content is provided with it as that comes on the SD card with the BB or by downloading the SD card backup.

Hi All,
I hope I am not posting in the wrong thread.

I would like to thank all concerned for the updates to the firmware and BBM software. I am a total novice and the improvements are a great help.
Also thanks to the members who uploads their songs.Someday I hope might be able to do likewise.

Just a Thank you!

Default Tempo Issues:
So I thought with this new update it would solve my problems but I guess not yet.

So I do music a my congregation and I use the Beat buddy which has been great!
I have some default songs like Polka at 144 Bpm, Blues 1, Blues 2, and a few versions of the Blues 1 & 2 at different tempos.
I would like to be able to change the tempo of the a song and have it save that tempo to that song. instead of having to go to my computer and changing the default tempo. What will happen is I get the right tempo that I want go to the next song and come back and the tempo has returned to the default tempo.
I often don’t have time between practice and the start of service to pull up my laptop and change it and put the card back it.

I think this standard should be across the board and you could have a setting that resets all the tempos back to their default settings (the last time it was synchronized.)