Your BeatBuddy got EVEN MORE AWESOME! Firmware update 1.41

Have you tried pressing Tempo knob and holding it pressed for a bit? It should do exactly what you need. Please make sure you are using the most recent firmware if it doesn’t.

Hey there, I plugged in my BB pedal, downloaded the folder and drug all the files into the BB folder as you specified, and my BB pedal is still just sitting there with the screen that says USB device connected. What do I need to do now? I’m afraid to unplug it as it may go Kaput, please help…

You can’t do anything with the BeatBuddy with the USB cable connected that is only for updating the firmware or the BB’s content. You can just as well remove the SD card if you have a card reader, many here do that.
Unplug the USB lead and have fun.

I just downloaded the firmware and had the same problem with the infinity looper as was mentioned earlier. I had to go into the looper app and tick the box to ignore midi notes. It was mentioned earlier that the default setting for BB would be off for midi notes. Did I not update something properly or was the “off by default” option not implemented? I have only just got the looper and so can’t say how well it works at all settings, but just as a basic one or two loop machine the syncing is great with the BB.

my updating firmware stayed on over 10 minutes. Now when i try to power up, i get nothing. Help please

Nothing? No lights? No message?
Have a look at this thread.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/help-me-please-with-firmware-upgrade.4377/

It’s been a while since I have been to the forum. The new update is great. I continue to use this weekly at band rehearsal. Great tool.

Thanks for the update. The instructions are very clear. I installed it without any problems - and I use (some of) the new features!

Like all of the 1.4.1 updates except now the foot switch pause and un-pause and accent hits take 2 clicks to trigger…OOps
Help Thanks

Go through the foot switch calibration process in the user’s guide and everything should return to normal.

downloaded the Mac version and when i opened i got this message
Invalid project file location:

/Volumes/BBManager.150/BBWorkspace/files - Project/files.bbp is not in a proper location.

Missing required files and/or folders

any suggestions as to what i did wrong ?

Press the ‘tempo’ and the ‘drum set’ down at the same time (this will bring you to the settings menu). Then Footswitch > Footswitch Detector - follow instructions on screen.

Tried this - including restoring default settings - but it still requires 2 clicks to do anything

Sorry - I tried again with foot switch calibration - Success! Thanks

Glad you got it sorted!

The New Updates are Absolutely Fantastic! Thanks for working hard to make things great… Just added the Pigtronix Infinity Looper to my setup and did have to turn on “Ignore Midi Notes” in the Pigtronix to get it to work but when I did, It worked flawlessly!!

I am also ecstatic about the Midi Note streaming feature! This is absolutely great!! Now I can use the superior sounds of the Beat buddy as a sound module!

Keep up the Great work guys!!

Midi sync creates midi frame error when sync with another
machine now that is sending midi notes out i had to come back to the previous 1.4 soft and now is working ok

machine now that is sending midi notes out i had to come back to the previous 1.4 soft and now is working ok

Question. I’m ready for the next step in my Beat Buddy relationship. I want to tinker with the software so I have a question. I’ve never upgraded the firmware, never had a need to. Do I need to upgrade the firmware to use the desktop software?