Aeros firmware 3.1.x

Noted!

I believe its in docs now, but I’ll ask David about editing the thread

Is this with the BB or on its own?

I’m trying to replicate this, but I’m not hearing any click unless there’s a count in

You have the click routed to neither output and the click after recording first track setting is off?

With the BB and with the the routing to nowhere and click after recording off as well.

This is pretty disturbing as either of those settings should override anything that ever happens elsewhere in the code. Is this code messy? Just saying…

• Record a track with BB running (I’m using a 6/8 if that matters)
  • Stop Aeros
  • Press Overdub with time left in the pattern on the BB.

Recorded waveform started reading zero signal before the end of the first loop. By that I mean the display looked just like nothing was being recorded. But upon playback of first track the audio was there and the zero reading showed up at the same point. Same for overdub. This was 2x2 in 6/8 with BB running.

Pretty sure when the display dropped out on recording was much earlier than the l 1.25 measures it showed upon replay.

Upon recording the last overdub, I saw the live recording drift to the left off screen as time went on!

I also saw the white bars between the two tracks not lined up.

This seems to be a new issue for this beta release?

IMHO, 2D layout can be deceptively simple, and pretty buggy without the right representation.

I have no way to reproduce this. I had been playing around with the above stuff trying to break it then cleared it and started playing. I think I changed from 4/4 to 6/8 after clearing the song and started via the BB midi after I saw the time signature update.

Bug: The scroll wheel doesn’t work in the song list any more.

Feels like the Play/Stop button is active in more places in the UI. Haven’t found a place where its felt off.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound

I’m sorry, the sound is not hi quality but here are 2 exemples of loops seam anomalies (pop or fade trouble). If I record the same kind of loops with a simple Solo XT jam man, the sound of loops is continue, the seam is inaudible.
Exemple 1
Exemple 2

Ok it seems to work. See updated topic

Doesn’t work :man_facepalming: :anger: . See bug report@DavidPackouz please do something…

Hard to tell if this is the same problem I’m having… Did you change the bpm on BB after recording and erasing the initial track? Seems the BB keeps forcing the bpm on a track that’s already set. I think even if something has been recorded and deleted, for some reason the bpm setting remains and subsequent initial tracks are off if bpm or time sig changes.

From the Dev responses above, they appear to be aware of it and working on it. The toggle solution mentioned above would be invaluable.

This is now fixed, we are probably looking at a subsequent beta very soon

noted.

this all happened in one-go? Or in several takes? Was there any effect on the audio or this is purely UI?

Fixed.

I believe this will be solved with another issue we have found that was reported above.
It seems like the same problem.

I also believe this is related to a bug we have found already, the solution is imminent hopefully. More on this soon, but know we’re likely to post another beta very soon.

The code must already exist, because until the last release you had an alphabetised list. All you need is a switch in configuration between the two listing options.

Not sure how to answer the first question. I had been using the Aeros for a while. Once it started happening on a song it kept on happening in that song. I forget if i restarted or opened another song to make it go away.

I think the issue is probably related to changing time signature and/or tempo via the BB (presumably just after the song was cleared).

It was purely a visual display thing. Audio was 100% fine.

Just noticed the hard clipping (“static” noise) when playing back an old song with two loud tracks.

The interesting thing is that there was no reason for the clipping to occur in this case. I had the master loop volume turned down to compensate for the loud tracks. I could not make the clipping go away by lowering the master volume, but it would go away when I muted at least one track.

This is a big clue as to the cause and fix. The total level was fine and likely well within the dynamic range; it was an intermediate calculation that exceeded limits of the Aeros and hard clipped. There are many places the Aeros scales and sums audio streams which can lead to clipping. Multiple tracks, adding the main and aux in (unless those are handed in the DAC), loop end smoothing, etc.

The Aeros can push the master level change into each of the tracks before they are mixed. This results in more effective use of headroom to mix because the tracks are scaled down before summing. It’s also a more efficient computation. Technically this only works if the level change is a cut (but that’s a somewhat arbitrary design choice).

I think the Aeros is doing something like:

Output = LoopVolume * (levelA * A + levelB * B)

If the Aeros uses the following, the clipping should be reduced (assuming LoopVolume is between 0 and 1). It’s also eliminates one iteration of computation over the buffers A and B.

Output = (LoopVolume * levelA) * A + (LoopVolume * levelB) * B

I could be wrong about the above, but doubt it unless the Aeros is controlling the loop volume with some offboard mixer.

Please do! would be really useful…
I just finished figuring out my iPad setup, and I have assigned all Aeros MIDI CCs on my nanokontrol studio, so I have something like a physical mixer. I just need CCs for volume (And Pan? eventually?):slight_smile:

I’m using Audiobus+AUM as hosts, and for MIDI clock Arturia iSpark, Patterning2 (one of these two as MIDI Clock masters) …

1 Like

I was referring to the sync/quantize options… does ROP work best with a particular configuration, or does it not matter?

I have noticed since the last update that there have been several times that the Beatbuddy and Aeros have gotten out of sync when both have been on the 2nd song part for awhile.

I really appreciate CC113 and CC34. All the other new CC commands are less useful for my rig.

Most of all I do miss a MIDI command that loads a specific song, I do not even see this command in your roadmap. When can we expect a song loading MIDI command?

On top of this, I also noticed that the wheel does not scroll the song list any more, one has to press many times the buttons before one gets to the needed song and loads it. Why? Please bring the wheel scrolling back at least as long as you do not support loading a song by MIDI command.

1 Like

We can bump up this issue for you, we understand it is important. The UX implementation is what takes the longest for features like this, because we intend to make a toggle.

Thank you for clarifying!

This is great info here, I’ll pass this along

I’d suggest having at least sync length on to be able to tap twice to cancel an overdub, otherwise, there is no way to cancel it and turn it into a play command, since it is now on the press.

We have had it requested multiple times, we believe that to be an advanced MIDI capability and will most likely come in a later update with more MIDI functionality (that we will based on user input among other ideas we may come up with). This will be after Auto Quantize is cracked.

This was noted earlier in this topic, we apologize, it has been fixed in the current version being tested, there will be a new beta soon.

3 Likes

Hello!
I bought it today.
I would like to be able to change the tone of the click.
For example, snare, hi-hat, bassdrum, etc.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5tmJjNBrs

@llauger Go to main settings and change Play/Stop All to Release.

@BrennanSingularSound This really should be the default setting.

It’s the “Principle of Least Surprise”. Power users can easily figure out how to change Play/Stop All to On Press if they need it, and won’t be surprised. @llauger and countless others will be surprised by the “sound glitch” and good luck if they manage to figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

Wired to think of because always pressing is faster and more accurate than releasing, would never thought of it. thanks